1 Vote

We have a restaurant named El Gallo Giro. I know El Gallo but am not sure of Giro

  • Edited to be compatible with IntenetExplorer formatting. Please do not use double quote (" ") marks in the question box. - Moe Nov 23, 2011 flag

3 Answers

4 Vote

El "Gallo Giro" es un término usado entre los criadores de gallos de pelea y se refiere a los gallos que tienen un plumaje blanco o plateado desde su cabeza, su cuello y su lomo, como si tuvieran una capa plateada.

Otro tipo de gallos de pelea es el "Gallo Colorado" que es un gallo que en lugar de tener plumas plateadas las tiene rojas y las plumas de su pecho son negras.

"Gallo Giro" is a term used for the rooster fighting breeders and refers to the roosters that have white or silver feathers from his head, neck and back, like if they are wearing a silver cape/cloak.

Other kind of rooster fighting is "Gallo Colorado" is a rooster that have red feathers instead silver and its chest is black.

Gallo Giro

alt text

Gallo Colorado

alt text

1 Vote

Hi Stuartshoema and welcome to the forum smile

If there is an accent on the o of "giro", el gallo giró, then it means "the rooster turned". It might be another way to say "weathercock" although the SD Dictonairy says that would be "la veleta".

Hope this helps!

Saludos, Chica

  • I agree:) I think you may well be right:) - FELIZ77 Nov 23, 2011 flag
0 Vote

Greek food?

Answer this Question