please and thank you smile wink

como

cómo

como can also be the 1st person, singular of the present tense, indicative mood of Comer. (I eat, I do eat, I am eating, etc.)

¡Bienvenido al foro!

Welcome to the forum!

• como familia means like family... - buster49 Jan 23, 2013 flag

como without an accent can mean as or like eg tal como = such as or can refer to como = I eat, from the 1st person singular of the verb to eat: comer:

¿Cómo ...........? with an accent = can mean how as in ¿Cómo estás? = How are you?

or ¿Cómo puedo ayudarle? = How can I help you?

The correct use of accents and of course, above all the context will determine the meaning so it is very important to use accents whenever they are needed.

I hope this helps grin

• How true -- and important, Feliz! Thanks for reminding me!! - territurtle Nov 10, 2011 flag
  • I am pleased/glad you found it helpful Terri :) - FELIZ77 Nov 10, 2011 flag

Como in Spainish mean how.

• Only when written correctly with an accent as part of a question - FELIZ77 Nov 10, 2011 flag

como in basic Spanish is how.