Hello

I use this site to help me with my spanish homework and find it very useful. Can you please help me, is there information or a rule in learning verbs in a easy way. Thank You

Pick a topic that you understand well and read about it in the Spanish Wikipedia. The meanings of many of the words will be clear from context since you already know what they are trying to say, and seeing the verbs used in context will help you learn them. The downside of this approach is that the language used is not exactly the same as common speech, just like an encyclopedia in English uses different forms of speech.

Newspaper articles can be used in a similar way if you have already read the day's headlines in English. Again, the language used is not necessarily representative of everyday usage.

For everyday usage, watching movies and TV shows is probably best, but it isn't that easy in the beginning.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure that there is an "easy way" as such. Just try to find a way that works for you. For me personally, I Iike to participate in the games threads here. I find that way, I learn and it tends to stick in my mind better than just making lists of words without context and trying to memorise them.

The 4 spanish courses we have here are excellent. You could make a start by taking these. Lots of verbs, grammar and other vocabulary are introduced and the teacher (Paralee) has a real talent for getting the relevant points across.

¡Buena suerte!

Great advice!

I think that for beginners, it is probably more productive to watch repeatedly the same short video clip(s)—no more than about 3 minutes long—than to watch an entire movie or television program from start to finish. For example, watching the same 3 minute long clip for 10 repetitions will reinforce the material and train the ear more efficiently (at least early on) than watching a single 30 minute long program.

The trick, then, to using video clips in this way is twofold. First, you must find short clips that can hold your attention for repeated viewings, and second, when perusing new clips, remain vigilant in searching out new material which reinforces or builds upon prior material.

• very useful info. I'm going to use this approach myself - Acelata Nov 5, 2011 flag