"What does encantada de conocerte mean?" | SpanishDict Answers

I am using rosetta stone, and there's no translation.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Said by a woman "Encantada de conocerte" (I am pleased--enchanted--to meet you)

Said by a man ""Encantado de conocerte" (I am pleased--enchanted--to meet you)

The woman uses the feminine conjugation of the verb "encantar" because she is the one that is please--enchanted. The man uses the male form, i.e., "encantado."

The verb "conocer" is to be familiar with a person or place. "Conozco a Tom" (I know Tom). Don't confuse this verb with "saber," which means to know something...like facts or math etc.

The "te" is connected to the end of the verb "conocer" to let us know that the speaker is talking about "you" (informal). If it were formal, it would be "Encantada de conocerla" (pleased to meet you..usted..feminine).

• You mean, Don't confuse this verb with "saber," ... - pesta Oct 23, 2011 flag
  • "Conozco a Tom" - irregular in first person singlular. - pesta Oct 23, 2011 flag
  • Thanks, Pesta, wow...talk about not paying attention and getting confused! - --Mariana-- Oct 23, 2011 flag