i saw this shirt "I don't know karate but I do know putasos" is putasos somehow just a spin off the mala palabra or something

From the dictionary of Spanish Urban slang.

Putasso

Spanish slang term for a punch to the face. Or when you slap/beat your child. >Something of that like. When we get home... te voy a dar un putasso

Better yet:

putasos

Putasos

Hard punches, thrown with the goal of inflicting maximum pain and damage. Usually only thrown by pinches working in kitchens after they get pissed off at the wait staff, or by day laborers who are pissed at other day laborers who try stealing their business.

Also known as 'chingasos.'

Fidel: "Ey, why jou try esteal my yobs, cabron???"

Joaquin: "Jou mind it jou bidness, mang!"

Fidel: "OK, puto, get eready for some putasos!!!"

¡Bienvenido al foro!

Welcome to the forum!

"Putazo" is from "Puto" (Faggot), but has nothing to do with this word. Instead, "putazo" is similar to a heavy punch, ie: "Le di un putazo al callejero cuando me trató de robar" (I punched the street guy when he tried to rob me).

• I was thinking about the z, but was afraid to look it up, imagining what it probably meant with the azo suffix. - 0074b507 Oct 17, 2011 flag
  • It can have both meanings, though it is more common with the meaningo of heavy punch. - LuisCacheux Oct 17, 2011 flag
  • I agree - JulianChivi Oct 17, 2011 flag