How do you say God Bless You in spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

How do you say God Bless You in spanish?

"Que Dios te bendiga"

• In church I don't hear the 'que' when people say this to me, just he 'Dios te bendiga". Are they saying it and I'm not hearing it or is it common to drop it? - katydew Sep 22, 2011 flag
  • The que is optional. They probably aren't saying it. - Goyo Sep 22, 2011 flag
  • Thanks! - Tonyico Sep 23, 2011 flag

I usually say

Que Dios te bendiga

Salud - if someone sneezes for example

• Salud is a blessing for sure, it means "health". Not exactly "God bless you" though. - Goyo Sep 22, 2011 flag
  • ummm...that isnt exactly God Bless You? - Tonyico Oct 4, 2011 flag

A related saying is:

Vaya con Dios

Go with God

Qué Dios te bendiga = God Bless you

This form can be used for/when addressing a child, friend,family member or someone you know well.

Qué Dios lo bendiga = God Bless you

This form can be used for/when addressing an older person, person in authority, eg your boss or a stranger,

Qué Dios los bendiga = God Bless you

This form can be used for/when addressing a group of people

I hope this helps grin

• This is wrong on several levels, Feliz. Bendecir is not a reflexive verb. One does not say, "Que Dios se bendiga". It should be, "Que Dios lo (or la) bendiga) - Goyo Sep 22, 2011 flag
  • Bendecir is conjugated to Dios, not to the one being blessed. So it cannot be "bendigan." - Goyo Sep 22, 2011 flag
  • For plurals, "Que Dios los bendiga". - Goyo Sep 22, 2011 flag
  • Thank you Goyo:) I have changed it - FELIZ77 Sep 24, 2011 flag

sorry, accidentally double posted red face

For a more casual response, one usually just says, "Salud!" meaning "To your health!"