I am trying to decipher between ser and estar and this has to do with time so I am thing that it is temporary and not permanent, could someone please help me?

Would it e Son las la una le la tarde or es la una de la tarde?

I am trying to decipher between ser and estar

that it is temporary and not permanent

Hola, Lynndiz! I have many corrections for you. They are very simple mistakes to fix though.

Son las la una le la tarde or es la una de la tarde?

It would be "es" as in Es la una de la tarde.

Note that "son" and "es" are both forms of the verb "ser". "Es" is singular, third-person and "son" is plural third person.

I that it is temporary and not permanent

Do not use the permanent and temporary rule for distinguishing between ser and estar. There are too many exceptions to that rule for it to be useful.

In conclusion...

Always, always, always use "ser" when talking about time. "Son" is used for every other time except 1 o'clock. For 1 o'clock, "es" is used.

If you have any more questions about time, you should watch Paralee's video for section 1.8.

Glow text generator

It'd be: Es la una de la tarde

Also: Son or Es don't come from the verb Estar.

Son is the third person plural of the verb Ser.

Ans Es is the third person singular from the verb Ser. smile

Notice that, whileb talking about time, you only use es la with midnight and one O'clock wink all the rest use son las

• Son las doce en punto. Es la medianoche. Es el mediodía. - 0074b507 Sep 17, 2011 flag

In this case is "Es la una de la tarde" but for example in another case is "Son las 2 menos cuarto (is a quarter to two)" this change. you can use Es or Son, but in Spain we use "Son" many times