What is the underlying meaning of "como agua para chocolate", other than "like water for chocolate". | SpanishDict Answers

What is the non-literal meaning of "Como agua para chocolate"? I know that it translates "Like water for chocolate", but I don't know what that refers to.

I feel lazy, so I'll copy from Wikipedia without even reading it:

The phrase "like water for chocolate" comes from the Spanish como agua para chocolate.[3] This phrase is a common expression in some Spanish-speaking countries and was the inspiration for Laura Esquivel's novel title (the name has a double meaning). In some Latin American countries, such as Mexico, hot chocolate is made not with milk, but with water instead. Chocolate is usually melted over a pot of boiling water. The saying 'like water for chocolate' alludes to this fact. It can be used as a metaphor for describing a state of intense feelings or – sometimes – sexual arousal. It may also be used to refer to anger, such as being 'boiling mad'. Tita, the main character, actually uses the expression in the book when she says 'estoy como agua para chocolate' (I am like water for chocolate) meaning that she is boiling mad.[4]