How do you say "Ryan" in Spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

hmmm question

• My spanish professor (who is from mexico) says that ryan is "raymundo" (pronounced "ry-moon-doe") - Ryan-I-am Dec 14, 2011 flag

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Most names don't change when spoken in a foreign language. I'd say Ryan is simply Ryan in español.

Ryan is Ryan. It's a proper name that doesn't have a Spanish equivalent. If you mean how do you pronounce it, well... like you would in English since it is your name.

There are virtually no names of Gaelic origin in Spanish (or, at least, not in the past), so you can't translate it, like you can do with a Hebrew name like James or a Latin one like Paul.

I had a friend named Ryan who went by Ri (Ree) in Mexico just because its easier for the kids to say, but as people have said, I am not aware of any spanish equivalent.