In Castellano/Argentinian Spanish, do any other verb tenses change for vos? | SpanishDict Answers

I know what the verb conjugations for "vos" are in the present, but do they change in the past, subjunctive forms, or any other verb tenses additionally? Muchas gracias! smile

The pronoun "vos" which is the second person plural replaces "tú", the second person singular in Argentina and some countries in .Central America. This is valid not only in the present tense but in all other modes and tenses. Please consult some book on verbs in Spanish.

• Vosotros is the 2nd person plural. Vos has a different conjugation than vosotros. - gintar77 Jul 30, 2011 flag

There are different types of "voseo", and not only that typical of South America, but the latter behaves differently depending on the tenses. It rarely appears in past tenses, but it is not that rare in future, and very regular in imperative.

I don'to know how "voseo" functions in Spain, I have some notions about how it is used in Central America and Maracaibo, but I know exactly how it is used in Argentina and I can assure you it is used in all tenses. Examples in the three type verbs: amar, temer, partir Amar: vos amás, vos amaste, vos amabas, vos amarás, vos amaras, vos amarías . Imperative: Amá Temer: vos temés, vos temiste, vos temías, vos temerás, vos temieras, vos temerías. Imperative: Temé Partir: vos partís, vos partiste, vos partías, vos partirás, vos partieras, vos partirías. Imperative: partí.

Difference between Argentinian "vos" and "vosotros": Amar: vos amás, vos amaste, vos amabas, vos amarás, vos amaras, vos amarías . Imperative: Amá Temer: vos temés, vos temiste, vos temías, vos temerás, vos temieras, vos temerías. Imperative: Temé Partir: vos partís, vos partiste, vos partías, vos partirás, vos partieras, vos partirías. Imperative: partí. Those are ancient forms that have subsisted in Argentina and other parts in South America.
The present conjugation of vosotros is Amar: vosotros amáis, amasteis, amabais, amaráis, amaráseis, amaríais . Imperative: Ama. Temer: vosotros teméis, temisteis, temíais, temeráis, temierais (o temieseis), temeríais. Imperative: Teme. Partir: vosotros partís, partisteis, partíais, partiráis, partierais (o partieseis), partiríais. Imperative: parte.