Hola mi nombre es christian fui al doctor y me dijeron que tengo que hacerme unos examenes y no se lo que significan los examenes k tengo k hacerme son (thyroid panel,amenorrhea profile,antinuclear antibodies,anticardiolipin ab,lupusantic.) si m,e podian decir k son estos examenes selos agradeserioa mucho gracias

Chris

Welcome to the forum!

The thyroid panel is a battery of tests (T3, T4, TSH) that measures the function of the thyroid glands. These glands control many bodily functions, including metabolic activity. The antinuclear antibody test, anticardiolipin antibody (IGA, IGG, IGM), and the lupusantic tests are laboratory analysis performed on blood serum to check for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or other inflammatory and/or autoimmune conditions.

I looked up amenorrhea profile. We don't call it that here, but it includes folicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, and lueteinizing hormone (LH). These are hormones produced by the pituitary gland and responsible for regulating the menses.

I believe these tests can be performed on a blood sample, but the lueteinizing hormone analysis may require a 24 hour urine collection.

I don't know Spanish well enough to answer. Maybe someone here can interpret.

Hope that helps.

It sounds to me as though the doctor was trying to determine a possible cause of missing menses. Lack of thyroid (hypothyroidism) is a possible cause, for instance. Check of luetenizing hormones would indicate if ovulation was taking place or not, and obviously lack of ovulation would result in missing menses. These same tests would be performed for anyone who was unable to conceive, even if there were no missing menses. Of course, there a lot of other reasons for them, too, but the luetenizing hormone analysis really sounds like an attempt to diagnose either missing menses or failure to conceive.

Este artículo se trata de la tiroides. Suerte.

la tiroides