In Mexico I was told ''¿que pedo wey?'' was slang. What is it's use and what does it mean?

• Good question... Very useful if you live in Texas or California. ;-) - DJ_Huero Jul 12, 2011 flag
  • Edit: Adjusted for IE compatibility. - DJ_Huero Jul 12, 2011 flag

FYI, Pedo actually means fart..."quien pedo?" "Who farted". But colloquially it's used in many ways.

If said out of anger, this can mean "what's your problem dude". The look on the other persons face as well as tone of voice will make it obvious whether they mean "what's up" or "what's your problem".

no hay pedo - no problem

Estoy bien pedo - I'm really drunk

But as stated earlier, pedo in most cases is very vulgar, so becareful with it. My translations do not indicate the actual vulgarity of this word.

This type of expression may have several meanings, depending on the situation.

One of the easiest meanings to relate to is: "What's up, man!"

• Well..... being "easy".... I suppose, but crude and vulgar at best. - Agora Jul 11, 2011 flag
  • Good Cesar... mis compas y yo siempre estamos tirando crap back & forth asi... jaja. - DJ_Huero Jul 12, 2011 flag

Pure Mexican slang, if you use it you better know who your friends are, and it is not acceptable here

Google it for a definition.

• Street slang, low class way of speaking, no matter what others may say. - Agora Jul 11, 2011 flag
  • Gracias compa franco, buenos consejos. And definently Agora, thanks for the divine interpretation. =] - DJ_Huero Jul 12, 2011 flag

It can also mean "what a problem!"

It's actually quite common for someone to say, "¿Qué pedo huero?" when telling me "what's up?" because it rhymes and really holds no offensive connotation in this sense. One rule to follow with this and most slang... would you say, "what up dude?" to your mom or boss? If the answer is yes, then use the phrase, if not, the don't use it except with friends. wink

Anyways, ask stated before, to answer your question without stating alot of excess/ needless info, very simply "¿Qué pedo wey?" is "What's up man/ dude?" smile

I personally don't think this can be that offensive even though it is slang all right.

we do not use this expression in Spaingrin

Que pasa hombre?

Que pedo guey?

What's up dude?