should I say .... me gusto tomar fotos or should I say me gusto sacar fotos ? what are the differences ?

• Edited: So the phrase in the title would match the post. Tamar - Tomar - Felixlynx Jul 11, 2011 flag

The differences between the words are subtle. 'Tomar' can be used as in 'to take a pill', but 'sacar' is used for pictures.

Also, I think you mean 'me gusta' for 'me gusto' means 'I like myself' wink

• gracias Felixlynx .... so even if i am male, I should say me gusta ? not me gusto ! - AA67 Jul 11, 2011 flag
  • Your sex doesn't effect verb conjugtion in that manner. - 0074b507 Jul 11, 2011 flag
  • I always think of the object that is pleasing me...for example: it pleases you, use (me gusta) sacar fotos...It pleases me to take fotos - lennycaraya Jul 11, 2011 flag

Tomar = To take Sacar - To take out (ie pictures or the garbage)

Both verbs therefore cannot be used interchangeably all the time.

Hope this helps

• gracias:) - AA67 Jul 11, 2011 flag
  • lol.....saca la basura....so it can't be used with garbage or trash - aprendoespa� Nov 22, 2011 flag
  • according to me saca la basura makes more sense than toma la basura :P - aprendoespa� Nov 22, 2011 flag

You surely can "tomar una foto;" it just depends what country you are in. I have heard both sacar and tomar. smile