Spanish/English "Bucket List" | SpanishDict Answers

This definition is taken straight from the Urban Dictionary:

1. Bucket List

A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket".

I need to remember to add skydiving to my bucket list.

With this concept in mind, let's create a "bucket list" of things we would like to do using the language we are learning, whether it is Spanish or English. Add pictures if you wish. smile

I will begin: I would like to be able to travel to Puerto Rico and speak to the locals in Spanish.

Quiero a ir a españa, y pedir en español que una mujera a bailar con migo.

I want to go to Spain, and ask in Spanish for a woman to dance with me. alt text

• Ray, I believe you could charm the ladies in any language, but that is an excellent aspiration. :) - Nicole-B Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • There is a good reason why I want to do that , it is a father /son thing. - ray76 Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • Hey, I can tango too! ;) - territurtle Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • I can tango with your son, too! ;)) - territurtle Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • Well ! Le gustería a bailar con migo guapita por favor ? - ray76 Jul 8, 2011 flag

Quiero viajar el mundo!

I want to travel the world!

• If you could see *my* suitcase, it looks like it's traveled the world! But this, of course, is one of the ultimate fantacies. - territurtle Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • Starting with all of the Spanish speaking countries.....si? :) - Nicole-B Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • Si! - Hitormiss141 Jul 10, 2011 flag

l want to dance with a Spanish boy, who looks exactly like Enrique! LOLalt text

Quiero bailar con un chico español, quien parece exactamente como Enrique!

• Who *looks* exactly... :) Respuesta excelente! - SonrisaDelSo Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • Gracias! - 00b6f46c Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • Before scrolling all the way down, I knew this had to be Lovely! :) - Nicole-B Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • ... and dance for a long, long time ... - territurtle Jul 9, 2011 flag

I love to laugh. So, I would like to be quick enough in Spanish to understand subtle humor, jokes, etc. At this point, by the time I've figured things out, it is too late to laugh. LOL

• I try to understand those cartoons of Joe s , sometimes I can , but then one gets caught out on a simple thing. - ray76 Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • Oh, Nicole, this is such a precious post! - territurtle Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • Gracias Territurtle. Surely, there is something you dream of doing....hint, hint. :) - Nicole-B Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • I know Ray. I guess what I am trying to say is that I would like to be quick witted in Spanish. Usually with humor, there are also subtle plays on words etc., I think it is going to take me awhile. - Nicole-B Jul 8, 2011 flag

I would love to be able to watch a movie in Spanish and understand everything from start to finish!!!

• i would love to watch and English film and understand it from start to finish , and sometimes to be able to sit through it in one session. - ray76 Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • Wow, Nicole -- you have grand ambitions! I can't even do that with a British movie. ;) - territurtle Jul 8, 2011 flag

I have three, listed from the easiest to the hardest. Tengo tres, listado desde lo que más fácil hasta lo que más difícil:

1. Learn relaxation techniques from the locals in Costa Rica. Aprender las maneras de relajarse de las lugareños de Costa Rica. alt text

2. One of my future husbands might be a native Spanish-speaker (I wish!) wink Uno de mis esposos futuros sería un hispanohablante (¡ojalá!). Te voy, Iker. alt text

3. Discuss economic issues in emerging markets. Discutir las temas económicas sobre los mercados emergentes.

• I wish I could discuss economic issues in emerging markets in English. jeje Great goals! - Nicole-B Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • What a fantastic answer! - territurtle Jul 9, 2011 flag

Me gustaría ir a españa sin traductor. smile Antes de que soy muerta, quiero viajar!

I want to go to Spain without a translator.

• It would be great if you could meet up with Heidi or Cogumela and speak to them completely in Spanish! :) - Nicole-B Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • Then you will have to leave your lap top at home , unless you have a strong will. - ray76 Jul 9, 2011 flag

I would like to be able to go to Panama as an "abroad" student through my university and feel comfortable communicating with people. I'm not sure if the classes are in Spanish, but I would doubt it! Hah.

• My daughter-in-law's family lived in Panama. I am hoping for an invitation some day soon! - Nicole-B Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • They return there on a regular basis. - Nicole-B Jul 9, 2011 flag

I would love to be able to be proficient enough in Spanish to teach music to children in areas where they can't afford music lessons.

Antes de que soy muerto, estaría querido ir en un globo de aire caliente.

Before I die, I would like to ride in a hot air balloon.

• Is this something on your bucket list Terri? :) - Nicole-B Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • My grandson is going to take me Sky diving , I am really looking forward to that. - ray76 Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • Yes, sorry Nicole, I made the wrong post, so I just left the picture till I wrote the caption. - territurtle Jul 8, 2011 flag
  • You lucky dog, Ray! ;) I´m too old now to skydive, but it was one of my greatest dreams. I did learn how to fly an airplane, though. - territurtle Jul 8, 2011 flag

With so many Spanish speaking countries to choose from, I would love to pick one and live there for an extended period of time. I would prefer to live in an area where not many of the locals speak English, making this a very challenging goal. wink

So many beautiful countries.....so little time! smile

• I'm going to Uruguay and outside of Montevideo, most people speak only Spanish. - territurtle Jul 9, 2011 flag
  • but expensive to get to. What about north west Spain near to the Portuguese border a small fishing village , no tourists , and great food and wine. - ray76 Jul 9, 2011 flag

I want to talk to any Spanish-speaking person that I meet, and get to know them. I also want to be able to teach English classes to anyone who wants or needs them (as well as Spanish classes!)

Me gustaría ir a Puerto Rico y tomar un paseo en una guagua.alt text

Me encantaría montar un camello sobre el desierto.

Maybe I'm being a bit philosophical today (partly due to the comments of Andres),

I want to talk to any Spanish-speaking person that I meet, and get to know them.

.... I can't imagine my life without Spanish now, nor can I imagine life without all of the great new friends in the forum and in my personal life due to the fact that I can speak a bit of Spanish. There are so many people who I would have never met and so many points of view that I would have missed out on. So adding to my bucket list, I want to continue to improve my language skills so that I can add to my friendships!!!

I do have to say:

"¡Gracias a español por todos mis amigos nuevos!"smile