Simple english translation of "tu es loco".

You're crazy.

Except es doesn't go with tú. Tutear, one would need eres. So: Tú eres loco.

Normally you would use "estar" when saying "You are crazy". Estás loco. You would use "ser" if the craziness is a permanent caracteristic of the person, like someone who is in a nut house. Or someone who is a joker all the time.

• You are of course completely correct Maragaret The problem here was that the questiioner gave no context or idea as to whether they meant crazy as in mad (ser) or crazy ,meaning in a silly way eg ''You're crazy, man!'' hahaha - FELIZ77 Jul 4, 2011 flag

The correct Spanish should be:

(Tú)'' Eres loco'' o (Ud) ''Es loco '' rolleyes

= You are crazy/mad rolleyes

You don't need to use the personal pronouns as the verb forms normally make that clear eg eres can only be for tú (you: familiar form)

disclaimer; I am not sure why you would want to say this to anyone but I am not responsible for how you use it/the results lol

I hope this helps grin raspberry tongue wink smile LOL grin

Hmm, my curiosity leads me to wonder if you could get away with saying 'tu es loco' in Spanish. I mean, there are definitely people that say 'you be crazy, man!' and it works perfectly (not grammatically, but in that it gives a certain feel than saying it in a grammatically correct fashion.)

-Charlius-

there are definitely people that say 'you be crazy, man!' and it works perfectly (not grammatically, but in that it gives a certain feel than saying it in a grammatically correct fashion.)

I think this is on a par with expecting word-for-word translations from English to Spanish. Or wondering if there aren't people who say "I have heat." ("Tengo calor.") There are, no doubt, many Spanish speakers who make grammatical mistakes but to expect them to make the same/parallel mistakes is asking a bit much.

Tu es i is Portuguese. where this form is only used in Portugal.