how to say greetings in spanish | SpanishDict Answers
  • List item

Try: ¡Salud! - Greetings or ¡Salud, amigos! - Greetings, friends!

For the common "hello", try: ¡Hola!

For more everyday greetings, click here to find a fantastic flashcard set!

Good question. I hope I helped grin

Hot Text - http://www.sparklee.com

• Salud is used when some people is sharing "beers" haha (at least in my country) and I've never heard the word "Salutación", I didn't even know that there was a word like this :o - Vicente1 Jul 2, 2011 flag
  • Oh my goodness...when sharing beers?! Ah, that's not what I meant, jaja. - SonrisaDelSo Jul 2, 2011 flag
  • In the dictionary here, it says, "¡Salud, camaradas!" means, "Greetings, comrades!". - SonrisaDelSo Jul 2, 2011 flag
  • I don't know if it's the same in other countries, but at least in Chile, people say that when they're sharing beers .. special situations, special people, etc .. like "'¡Brindis!" - Vicente1 Jul 2, 2011 flag
  • I think the word you are looking for is "saludos". - gintar77 Jul 2, 2011 flag

¡Bienvenido(a)! = Welcome!

¡Gusto de verte [otra vez]! = A pleasure to see you [again]!

Welcome to the forum smile

I've never heard anyone use salud as a greeting. I have heard salud used this way: saluda a su esposa de mi parte, which I usually respond with something like gracias, lo haré. One will usually hear buenos días or hola or ¿Cómo amaneciste? or something like that as a greeting. Just like it's already been mentioned, it's very common to use salud in a toast.

If you are asking for examples, I would recommend you to visit : Learn Spanish

There are many examples that might be very helpful for you.

Welcome to the forum !