How would you refer to the 'memo line' on a check in Spanish? I'm a little bit wary of what I might concoct, seeing that 'memo' means 'stupid'. What does it say for 'memo' on personal checks printed in Spanish?

What! No Spanish printing companies?

Found one, but it doesn't have a memo line. alt text

• Doh! What would say then if you needed to say "write such-and-such" on the memo line of the check? - LKELLY Jun 29, 2011 flag

That is interesting, my checks from Banamex do not have a memo line either. They do however have a stub on which to write such memoranda. But even on the stub there is no indication of that. it is only to keep the balance. we do scribble notes on the stubs though.

Memo,by the way is the nickname for "Guillermo" In México, I do understand it has quite another meaning in Spain.

Thats interesting, my checks from Banamex do not have a memo line either. They do however have a stub on which to write such memoranda. But even on the stub there is no indication of that. it is only to keep the balance. we do scribble notes on the stubs though.

My Banamex check stubs, although a few years old now, have a line entitled Concepto. This would be the equivalent of "memo."

• I saw one that said: Motivo - 0074b507 Jun 30, 2011 flag
  • This would be the same and it makes sense - JulianChivi Jun 30, 2011 flag
  • Hola Julian, I have the "concepto" line on the stub of the check only, does make sense. - pacofinkler Jun 30, 2011 flag

Hmm, I have checks in Spanish and it just says "para" in front of the memo line. I am not sure what you would actually call that line.

• Yea, in English sometimes they say 'memo' and sometimes 'for' - LKELLY Jun 29, 2011 flag