si no la conosco

Hola! I think you may be referring to "conozco". This is the "yo" form of the verb conocer. Conocer means "to know" [not information because that is saber, but instead it means "to know" a person or be familiar with a place].

Therefore, "si no la conozco" means "if I don't know her" and if you meant "sí no la conozco", that means "yes, I don't know her".

Good question...I hope I helped smile

Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net

It is a common way (on the internet, texts, chat, etc.) to spell "conozco", the present tense "yo" form of the verb "conocer". However, it should be spelled with the "z" in formal settings.

• Really? Wow, didn't know that. Thanks :D - SonrisaDelSo Jun 17, 2011 flag
  • good replies all, Viva, it needs the Z. - nike907 Jun 17, 2011 flag
  • Put 2 and 2 together... this can also be done in English chat texts. u r clever - GuitarWarrio Jun 17, 2011 flag
  • Yep. Just like "'ta" for "esta" and "weno" for "bueno", "x" for "por" y "k" for "que" - vivalafuriar Jun 18, 2011 flag

If you don't know her. Conozco is the first person congugation of the verb conocer to know or to become aquainted for example Conozco a mi mujer en una sala de bailer. I met my wife in a dance hall. ¿Conoces un buen bar? Do you know a good bar?

• Nice answer. I have just one question, though. Why would you use "conocer" to ask "do you know a good bar"? - SonrisaDelSo Jun 17, 2011 flag
  • It¡s like saying are you aquainted with a good bar it is the verb they use they don't use saber in this case - kenwilliams Jun 17, 2011 flag
  • Ok, that's right. If you are familiar with a place, you use "conocer". Ok, thank you, Ken, for explaining that! - SonrisaDelSo Jun 17, 2011 flag
  • "Conocía a mi mujer en una sala de baile". - lazarus1907 Jun 17, 2011 flag
  • Nice catch, Lazarus - SonrisaDelSo Jun 17, 2011 flag

The la does not have to refer to a female.

The phrase could be «if I am not familiar with it» (the it being anything feminine in gender).