What state is Spanish spoken in the most? | SpanishDict Answers

What state is Spanish spoken in the most. I need it for a project.

Sobre todo cuando hemos tenido demasiado a beber. grin

In the state of inebriation. En el estado de embriaguez

I guess to most people "state(s)" automatically calls to mind the USA, but México is also made up of states, even going by the official name of Estados Unidos Mexicanos, of which there are 31... so I would take it a step further and aver that all 31 states speak Spanish, with approximately 5.4% of the population speaking an indigenous language and 1.2% not speaking Spanish, per Wikipedia... the state of México currently is the most populous, hence the state where the most Spanish is spoken! tongue wink

See: Political Divisions

New Mexico courtesy of wikipedia

Puerto Rico is a territory belonging to the US...but not necessarily a state.

The actual state speaking Spanish the most would be New Mexico.

More information

If you are talking about The United States of America,I'll bet it 's not Arizona.

Perhaps California as well.

• Welcome to the forum! - pesta Jun 13, 2011 flag

Try googling it, but I'd say New Mexico or Texas!

• Right, are we talking sheer numbers or percentages, as in proportion to other language groups? :) - cristalino Jun 14, 2011 flag

México

In response to Helio's entry above, here's one political cartoonist's viewpoint:

And our fearless leader getting ready for next year!

tongue wink tongue wink tongue wink

Based on my experiences, spanish is most spoken in a drunken state LOL

Apparently New Mexico is the hot shot, but California, Texas, and Florida usually have Spanish and English stuff posted everywhere.