Telenovelas on Youtube? | SpanishDict Answers

My speaking is okay, the problem i've had is UNDERSTANDING. Speaking and understanding spanish are two entriely different tasks for my brain to work on. I want to find some really good movies and televnovelas to watch. What are some good titles/links to search for telenovelas on Youtube. So far i've found "Gitanas" which seem interesting and the movie "Ana Full of Grace" which i LOVE. Can anyone else suggest some good ones? smile It will be much appreciated! ^_^ Thanks!

Good telenovelas is to me, an oxymoron. I can't stand the overblown dialogue, the cliched situations, the hackneyed directing, and the ridiculously absurd overacting. That being said, it's always good to listen to popular entertainment when you are trying to learn a different language.

You could try "Maria Mercedes", "Rosa Salvaje", "Cuna de Lobos" and "El Extraño Retorno de Diana Salazar", all on Youtube.

• well in that case, is there a "best of the worst" for telenovelas? lol. I like them because they're easy to follow along with...i'm sure as my knowledge of the language improves i will find them just as annoying as you do :) - arielbrionda May 19, 2011 flag

Got some favorite DVDs? Lots of them have Spanish tracks you can activate. It's not quite the same as a movie originally made in Spanish, though.

As far as telenovelas is concerned, I really enjoyed Treat Me Nice (from Argentina) and One Step Forward (from Spain) - the accent is very different on each, so if you're more familiar with Latin American spanish, Treat Me Nice might be a better option. Both telenovelas can be seen for free online (with english subtitles).