What does Ay Dios Mio mean? | SpanishDict Answers

I have been wondering What does Ay Dios Mio mean for the longest time!!! somone please tell me what it means so i wont wreck my brain trying to figure it out!! big surprise

It means "Oh my god"...many different meanings depending on context but I hope this helps get the thread started. smile Welcome to the forum. wink

Oh, my God !!!

Well, something funny, if you want to take it a step further... with Ay dios mio meaning oh my god. You can apply the text message rules as follows:

Oh my god = omg (of course you knew that)

Ay dios mio = adm

Just a fun thought for you. grin

I hope these good answers from DJ, Faliron, Nelson and Jason will help prevent your brain wreck as well as preventing you from wracking your brain. smile As a child, when I asked the meaning of vulgar or profane expressions used as exclamations or interjections I was told they were "meaningless". That they were just something people said. Now I think my mother didn't want to tell me the old meaning of what a curse was. My grandmother on the other hand, did not allow me to say darn because she recognized it as a euphemism for damn. Looking back, I think my mother had the better answer. The less made of such words to a child with big, impressionable ears, the better. People who use "B.S." and "friggin" are straddling a line because everyone knows the words they stand for. Which words to use depends on who can hear you; Any children?, my grandmother?

Ooups.