What does Picasso mean? | SpanishDict Answers

I have already looked it up but it doesn't seem to have the definition. If you could define it for me that would be great grin

• Just so you know, the answers by lorenzo and gekkosan are incorrect...they were teasing you. - webdunce May 7, 2011 flag
  • Gocika's answer is good, however, because it lists some less-well-known meanings of Picasso. - webdunce May 7, 2011 flag
  • Fat lot you know, Web. My picassos are a lot more interesting than your Picasso! :-D - Gekkosan May 7, 2011 flag
  • ...and I am *always* correct! - Gekkosan May 7, 2011 flag

Hi FunkyMonkey,

Most commonly, Picasso is the name of a famous artist Pablo Picasso. Because he is a famous, well-known artist, it is also common to use the term "Picasso" to refer to his works of art.

Examples:

Picasso is a famous artist.

Hey, is that painting on your wall a Picasso?

The Picasso hanging in my friend's living room is worth $800,000.

The art museum has several genuine Picassos in its collection.

.

This is Picasso himself:

.

This is a Picasso (one of his works)...

.

.

(I personally do not like the style of art for which he became famous.)

• Ah - you're a nice guy, Web. And a spoilsport ;-) - Gekkosan May 7, 2011 flag

A picasso is a species of small fury animal often seen in caves grooving with a pict.

One of these?

Awww, Lorenzo! You're so mean and deceitufl, taking advantage of poor Funky's naïveté! tongue laugh

Everybody knows that picassos are biggish sparsely haired creatures, very wild and colorful, with a close affinity to bovines. Extremely promiscuous, these beings have been spotted in mostly in Europe, although it is feared they might be extinct, since they have not been seen in a long while, now, nor the peculiar marks they leave upon the landscape,which some academics have even called "artsy".

Kind of like this, but not quite.

Far, far less hairy, and much older. And bigger horns. Very horny indeed.

• Rofl@Gekko very funny! So can these creatures live such a promiscuous lifestyle yet be close to extinction ? - FELIZ77 May 7, 2011 flag
  • you guys are mean. I like. - dewclaw May 7, 2011 flag
  • Most of them are probably mules, so they can't reproduce. Sad, really. - Gekkosan May 7, 2011 flag
  • Being a spoilsport is what webdunces do best. :-) - webdunce May 8, 2011 flag

He was a very talented artist who was incredibly prolific. I do not what his last name means. alt text

Picasso was an artist who has a twisted take on painting.