How would you, in spanish, say "I'm done" or "I'm finished"? | SpanishDict Answers

I think that it's a fairly simple question... I'd just like to know.

hola,

If by these, you want to say that you have done a work and have finished it, in this case, you are incorrect in saying "I 'm done / I 'm finishd". the correct form is " I have done / I have finished".

for such situation, in spanish, you can use "acaber hacer algo" or "terminar hacer algo". for example:

he terminado/ he acabado = I have done/finished. like in: he terminado/ he acabado escribir la carta = I have done/finished writing the letter.

We would say "I have finished" = "He acabado/terminado"

In what context would you like to say "I'm done" or "I'm finished"? There are lots of different ways those words can be used in English and unless we know the situation you want to use it in, we can't really give you an accurate translation.

Welcome to the forum smile!

we use terminar, terminado, depending on the tense of the passage