1

I think that it's a fairly simple question... I'd just like to know.

1

hola,

If by these, you want to say that you have done a work and have finished it, in this case, you are incorrect in saying "I 'm done / I 'm finishd". the correct form is " I have done / I have finished".

for such situation, in spanish, you can use "acaber hacer algo" or "terminar hacer algo". for example:

he terminado/ he acabado = I have done/finished. like in: he terminado/ he acabado escribir la carta = I have done/finished writing the letter.

• May 1, 2011

• Correct orthography: "Hola:" - lazarus1907 May 1, 2011
  • Actually, in English, "I'm done" or "I'm finished" would both be correct usage. "I have finished" would also be correct, but "I have done" would require an object, e.g., "I have done the work." "I have done" would beg the question, "You have done what? - Scott0738 May 31, 2017
1

We would say "I have finished" = "He acabado/terminado"

• May 1, 2011
1

Just a side note, when something is "over" you say, "¡Ya estuvo! A funny way of saying it is ¡"Ya estufas!"

• Jan 14, 2015
  • or simply "ya'ta" ;) - chileno Jan 14, 2015
  • Gracias, Es una forma corta de "ya está" ¿no? - Daniela2041 Jan 14, 2015
0

In what context would you like to say "I'm done" or "I'm finished"? There are lots of different ways those words can be used in English and unless we know the situation you want to use it in, we can't really give you an accurate translation.

Welcome to the forum smile!

0

we use terminar, terminado, depending on the tense of the passage

• May 1, 2011
0

I finished lungeing the horse a few minutes ago.

• Jan 14, 2015
  • @Senora: ¿ Qué es "lungeing?" no sé esa palabra. Acabo de "-------------"el caballo hace unos minutos. - Daniela2041 Jan 14, 2015