cual es lo mejor libro para aprender traducir entre espanol y ingles.? | SpanishDict Answers

Hola que tal??? amigos ayudame tengo una pregunta que estoy buscando un libro para para aprender traducir entre espanol y ingles.

Cual es mejor libro?

no me importa que se publique en ingles o espano , aun que no soy mexicano ni americano.

Digame por favor.

• You need to use proper spelling and punctuation in your questions. - 0074b507 Apr 26, 2011 flag
  • Bienvenido al foro. Welcome to the forum. - 0074b507 Apr 26, 2011 flag
  • Don't bother to ask questions on a learning forum if you don't want the type of corrections made by Qfreed. Are you here to learn? - --Mariana-- Apr 26, 2011 flag

I assume you are talking about the written word? Are you referring to the language itself, or the literature of the language?

If you are speaking of the literature, there a dual-reader of contemporary Mexican narrative that I found very helpful in understanding the subtlety of translating....by looking at each paragraph side by side, one can see that it almost never actually literal.

For example, the Spanish word was "argumentando", obqviously in the gerund form. The English translation used, "preffered". Took me a bit to think it through, but when you are arguing for one side of something, it is usually your "preferred" side.

Anyway, it would help to add your native language wink And don't worry about qfreed, he likes to give a hard time. smile

• Qfreed made the proper corrections...this isn't giving anyone a "hard time." - --Mariana-- Apr 26, 2011 flag
  • "delet, who care?" - theredqueen Apr 26, 2011 flag

Delete, who cares?

Hola, ¿Qué tal? Amigos, ayúdenme. Tengo una pregunta que estoy buscando un libro para aprender a traducir entre español e inglés.

¿Cuál es el mejor libro?

No me importa que se publique en inglés o español , aun que no soy mexicano ni americano.

Díganme, por favor. You switched from tú to usted. Should be ustedes or vosotros.

Si nos divulgaras tu nacionalidad y tu idioma nativo, te podríamos recomendar el libro adecuado. (Se dice el libro, no lo) link text

To the best of my knowledge, there is no book that deals, specifically, with the problem of translating between languages. The usual assumption is that you will learn both languages and simply say in the target language what you understand in the source language. If you actually know both languages, what more do you need?

• so so so so much more Samdie..... - theredqueen Apr 26, 2011 flag
  • think about the idea of time in Latin America, especially....so much more of the subjunctive, conditional, etc. are used than in the English language... - theredqueen Apr 26, 2011 flag