I have been trying to find some songs that are sung in both English and Spanish, not too separate songs, but both languages in one, like Prince Royce's version of Stand by Me. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Toni Braxton

Be careful you don't burn yourself, very hot!

Many of the well known hispanic singers have English and Spanish mixed in their songs. Gloria Estefan, Mark Anthony, Julio Iglesias Jr.

I believe Santana has a few like that.

Abba with chiquatita and a few others.

"Don't Cry for me, Argentina/No llores por mí, Argentina" by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, from the rock opera Evita.

alt text alt text

The Sun King by the beatles has a few lines of spanish wink

I just made a flashcard set last night with one. Soy un perdedor by Beck. That is the only Spanish line it it though.

Well, there is always Freddy Fender. First he sings in English, then in Spanish. If you do a search you will find several songs that he sings on YouTube.

link text

link text

Abba link

Lots of Pixies songs had Spanish in them.

Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" has a bit of Spanish it smile.

This group "son by four'" sings in both spanish and english.

link text

There is a song by Alejandro Sanz and Alicia Keys called "Looking for Paradise" Here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIg7Bo_g-dA

It's a great song, you should check it out. Hope this helps grin

Shakira sings in both spanish and english, some of her latest stuff isn't very close between languages but the first one that comes to mind is 'Suerte' or 'Whenever, Wherever', a lot of the lyrics in the verses are almost identical

There are others on a couple of her newest albums (eg. Loba, Sale El Sol) but the lyrics to that one are the closest I can think of

The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go" has some Spanish lyrics in the background =)

thespanilink text

There hundreds of great Spanish language remakes of English songs. Some of the best come from Argentina, a country with a thriving Rock en Espanol scene. Try Charly Garcia or M-Clan. Both have done some really cool covers in Spanish, and their original stuff is awesome as well.