Meaning of limosnero | SpanishDict Answers

I came across a song earlier with these lyrics: "Dicen Que Estoy Loco Que Ando Por La Calle Como Un Limosnero Pidiendo Cariño Pero No Cualquiera Solo Es El Tuyo El Que Me Llena."

According to the dictionary here the word limosnero (masculine noun) means Almoner. I have never seen this word before in English so I did some research. The definition I found said that an almoner is some one who distributes alms to the poor. But in the context of these lyrics it almost sounds like he is a beggar.

Is limosnero synonymous with mendigo and should I just ignore the word almoner in this context? Also, is limosnero a more colloquial word for mendigo?

Hi siones! The definition I found for "limosnero" is "beggar" or "mendigo".

Here is a link to that definition.

link text

This is just a recommendation, but, when looking for the definition of a word in Spanish, don't take the given English word and research it. Research the word in Spanish. This will help to minimize misunderstanding.

Hope that helps!

Se puede decir en español: mendigo, vagabundo o sintecho. Saludos...