Heidita, Ahí va:

1. What is the story about? This story is about of a man had two daughters, the one married to a gardener,

and the other to a tile-maker. After a time he went to the daughter who had married the gardener, and inquired how she was and how all things went with her. She said, "All things are prospering with me, and I have only one wish, that there may be a heavy fall of rain, in order that the plants may be well watered." Not long after, he went to the daughter who had married the tile maker, and likewise inquired of her how she fared; she replied, "I want for nothing, and have only one wish, that the dry weather may continue, and the sun shine hot and bright, so that the bricks might be dried." He said to her, "If your sister wishes for rain and you for dry weather, with which of the two am I to join my wishes?”

1. Give your personal opinion about the story. In my opinion, that problem is the same problem of all the parents. We want to please our children, but they are different like hand´s fingers. The fact that the parents should have the enough knowledge to know please to all their children.

Gracias

What is the story about?

This story is about of a man who had two daughters, one married to a gardener, and the other to a tile-maker.

After a time he went to the daughter married to the gardener and inquired how she was and how things were faring. She said, "All things are faring well with me, and I have, but one wish: that there be a heavy rain, in order that the plants be well watered."

Not long after, he went to the daughter married the tile maker, and likewise inquired of her how she was doing. She replied, "I want for nothing, and have only one wish, that the dry weather continue(s), and that the sun shine(s) hot and bright, so that the bricks will be dried."

He said to her, "If your sister wishes for rain and you for dry weather, to which of the two of you should I add my wishes?

1. Give your personal opinion about the story. In my opinion, that problem is the same for all parents. We want to please our children, but they are as different as the fingers on your hand. The fact is that the parents should have enough knowledge to know how to please their children.

You worded your wishes correctly as you would in Spanish using the subjunctive mood: that the weather may continue... that the bricks may dry...that the sun shine. However, most of us English speakers pay no attention to the subjunctive mood in English and would use the indicative mood: so that the bricks will dry rather than the bricks might dry, etc. I only mention it, because if your writing is too correct grammatically, then it begins to sound stilted.

I'm not a proponent of using incorrect grammar, so by all means, use your version. I just wanted you to recognize that we don't always follow the grammar rules in everyday conversation. You are likely to encounter the indicative mood used in English where it actually calls for the subjunctive mood.

In my opinion, that problem is the same all parents have. We want to please our children, but they are different like the fingers on one hand. The fact is that all parents should have enough knowledge to be able to please their children.

He cambiado un poco la frase para evitar repeticiones.

In my opinion, that problem is the same for all parents. [or for all of the parents if we are talking about a specific group of parents.]

We want to please our children, but they are as different from each other as each finger is from the other on one's hand.

The fact is that the parents should have the enough knowledge to know how to please their children. [the noun clause]

Mira en el otro hilo, esto lo dijo quentin, naturalmente es mejor que lo que he dicho yo.

Maylegoas

This is your otro hilo