I would just like to know if the nicknames are bad .....two of the girl have gotten tattoos of their nickname(no I'm not one of them)lol. Pancha,cgencha,tacones,chongo

Chencha is slang for "lazy," in some areas at least. BUT, it's possible that what they're saying is "Chinche," that can mean several different slang and non-slang things. It can mean "bug" or "bedbug." It also means "thumbtack" in some areas. However, in slang, chinche can mean someone who is annoying/irritating, or sometimes someone who is a nitpicker.

Pancha is a belly, like a protruding belly (Sort of like the English word "paunch.") It can be used in an affectionate way, like to a baby with a cute round belly.

• I know panza is belly, I didn't know it could be pancha as well. - Deanski Apr 22, 2011 flag
  • I think it's kind of like "tummy is" in English, as in it's derived from the real word (stomach). I mostly have heard it meant in an affectionate, teasing way. - FierceKitten Apr 22, 2011 flag
  • I've also heard people say it in reference to themselves, in self-deprecating humor, like "I've gotta work off this gut!" - FierceKitten Apr 22, 2011 flag
  • ok so chencha (her tattoo is on her neck) not a cool nickname if u ask me.... pancha (jher tattoo is on her wrist) also not a cool nickname considering she is a very obiese woman.... i will not get tacones tattoo'd anywhere. - amberrae30 Apr 25, 2011 flag

The problem with nicknames such a these is that while they may mean one thing in a certain region they may mean something else in another. I'm not sure that I would want them tatooed on me.

The Spanish dictionary of urban slang may contain some of them.

For instance, look up pancha , and see what is listed. Not something that I would want tatooed on me. Now, that may not be what your friends meant by it, but others may misinterpret it. You had better tatoo it somewhere where only he will see it if his meaning is different.

Tacones literally means "high heels" [shoes], but it could have any slang meaning. Googling I see that chongo can mean a bun (hair style), a Mexican dessert, or the Urban Dictionary's meaning. Due to possible misinterpretations of meanings without context, they don't seem appropriate for tatoos.

¡Bienvenida al foro!

Welcome to the forum!

• lol at the pancha entry on Urban. - Deanski Apr 22, 2011 flag

This mostly is guesswork:

Pancho is a nickname for Francisco, so I guess Pancha is for Francisca.

Tacones is heels, like those of women's shoes.

I got no clue with cgencha. Isn't it a typo?

I think chongo could also mean monkey, but I'm not sure.

• It's the "I'm not sure" part that would keep me from having it tatooed on me. - 0074b507 Apr 22, 2011 flag
  • I just hope those guys had an idea what were inked on them. You wouldn't want to be walking around with a tat that says "monkey." - Deanski Apr 22, 2011 flag
  • well i wouldnt mind having chongo because thats what we call our song. but chencha and pancha and tacones i am pretty sure i dont need a tattoo lol. they are stupid girls .lmao - amberrae30 Apr 25, 2011 flag

(Pancha,cgencha,tacones,chongo)

I read most of the answers on the translation to this words and they are all have halfway there for the most part. Here are the translations "Pancha" is a nickname for Girls or (Women) named Francisca. Males it woud be "Pancho" . "Cgencha" is most likely "Chencha" this is a nickname for Girls or (Women) named Hortencia. For Males it would be "Chencho". The word "Tacones" literally means heels on a shoe. (like high heels) Finally the word "Chongo" means hair braid, hair bun or ponytail as in the hair style.