1

It is called a tillday or something like that.

• It depens on how old a version of Ms Word that you are using. - 0074b507 Apr 13, 2011
  • Generally the mark is called a "Tilde" (which can include other different marks) or specifically "virgulilla", which is the squiggly line over the Spanish ñ. See my answer below regarding the overall best way to handle this problem. - Esteban3304 Apr 6, 2014

1

I find the best way to do it is to download Vikingos program for accents. This program lets you use the windows key and the letter or symbol, very quick!

link text

• A note to people using Norton antivirus: It may show a "threat" warning, based on user feedback, and you may be unable to even download it. I just wrote to Symantec (Norton), and asked if they could analyze the file and fix the false positive error. - Vikingo Apr 13, 2011
  • I sometimes tend to let my feelings get the best of me, so I ended the email with "This last point is optional, but strongly recommended: Go fudge yourselves." Replace the fudge. Anyway, thanks, Yeser ;) - Vikingo Apr 13, 2011
0

Insert > Symbol then find. or ALT +0241

and it's a tilde

• Apr 13, 2011
0

• Apr 13, 2011
0

Look in this threadvirtual keyboard accents

• Apr 13, 2011
0

So far the question is beating the answers.

• Apr 13, 2011
  • Are you helping, really? Do better. - Vikingo Apr 13, 2011
0

Ctrl + Shift + ~ and then the n

• Apr 14, 2011
0

On my Mac, for Word, I use "Option" then press n to get the ˜ above it

• Apr 5, 2014
0

If you are online you can use this website, called Type it which is Free! It's very easy to use! You simply click the cursor (arrow) on the letter you wish to use and it appears in the box (large writing area)underneath!

I normally use this site to plan my sentences and captions for Word and Picture of the Day, respectively You can find accents for many other languages, too smile

enter link description here

I hope this helps smile

0

Hold the Alt tab down while typing 164. When you release the Alt tab the ñ

• Apr 6, 2014
0

Microsoft and Apple computers have a utility called "US International Keyboard" that comes with any computer purchased. All you have to do is install it. This is DEFINITELY the best way to handle all situations in which you have to type á, é, ó, ö, ñ', ç and other similar letters. If you don't know how to install it, then Google "US International Keyboard" and find the Apple or Microsoft link for instructions on how to do so. It's simple to install and simple to use. !!!Extremely simple to use!!! The only "trick" that you have to be aware of is, when you make the ñ, you have to hold down the alt key on the RIGHT side of your keyboard while you press the "n" key. The other alt key will not work. Other than that, the installation and usage is very simple and straightforward.

There might be instructions available here in the Resource section of Spanish Dict regarding usage and installation of the US International Keyboard. I think the Microsoft and Apples sites have very clear instructions regarding this.

To be honest, there is no other method worth using or wasting your time learning about.

• Apr 6, 2014
0

While keeping pressed the ALT key type the following number on your numeric keypad, not the row of numbers at the top of the keyboard. If you have a laptop without a numeric keypad, check if you have numbers in a different color on the the JKL if you do you must press the Fn key (with the same color as the numbers on the JKL keys) and press the Num Lk key somewhere, generally the top or right side of the keyboard, which has the same color too as the numbers on the JKL keys.

129 ü

130 é

144 É

154 Ü

155 ¢

156 £

160 á

161 í

162 ó

163 ú

164 ñ

165 Ñ

166 ª

167 º

168 ¿

171 ½

172 ¼

173 ¡

174 «

175 »

0193 Á

0205 Í

0211 Ó

0218 Ú