I use Internet Explorer...er...7 or 8 I believe... and sometimes when I am browsing this site or looking up words, etc, my window will randomly close on its own. When I reopen IE, there is no error shown, and I can continue as normal. It happens on translating words, sentences, answering questions, etc... the whole site, really, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with any specific words as I can retranslate, etc, with no hitch as soon as I get the window open again. And it is only happening on this site.

Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know a fix for it? I love this site, but it's frustrating to have to stop and keep reopening my browser to do anything.

Please, no rude comments about how IE sucks and Firefox or whatever is great. Other than this site, IE has always worked perfect for me. If it is just my browser, that's fine, I'd just like to know.

¡Hola!, Liz:

I would suspect your computer. I use Internet Explorer 8 exclusively, and have used it without a problem for a very long time. Ignore the Microsoft bashers, that is probably not your problem.

Try to clear your cookies and caches and clean up your computer and then do a re-boot of the computer.

I dont think it is your browser, on its own, unless you have made some recent changes.

• No, I haven't done any recent changes. I've tried cleaning up the computer some, but it didn't work. Maybe cleaning the caches and cookies might work. Thanks! - liz_ellis Apr 13, 2011 flag
  • IE8 is good but I have found Google Chrome to be much more compatible with this particular website Many others have experienced problems viewing aspects of this website using IE - FELIZ77 Apr 13, 2011 flag
  • The reason I said it was probably the browser is that client-side crashes are almost always based on internet/application issues. Other than a virus or firewall, nothing computer-based would really influence the activity of the browser. - someone09 Apr 13, 2011 flag

It's probably your browser.

Without commenting at all on the quality of IE, I strongly suggest just trying the site with another browser; this way, you can determine whether it's a browser issue or a computer issue.