I really want to say I love you to my best friend and I dont know the spanish word for best friend can you please tell me ? red face

Te quiero, mi mejor amiga.

Best friend = Mejor amigo/a

Que carinoso! smile

Mejor amigo o amiga significa best friend.

Te quiero o Te amo significa I love you.

Yep!! All these people are correct!!! "Mejor amigo / amiga" (depending on gender) means "best friend".

Here's why: "Amigo / Amiga" means "friend". "Amigo" is used when the friend you are referring to is of the male gender, and "amiga" is used when the friend you are refering to is of the female gender.

Now, just as a side note, let's say you want to talk about a group of friends. You would use "amigos / amigas". If everyone in this group of friends was of the feminine gender, then you would use "amigas" (which makes sense - you just take the singular form for a female friend "amiga" and add an "s" to indicate there is more than one feminine friend). If everyone in this group of friends was of the masculine gender, then you would use "amigos" (which makes sense again for the same reason stated above).

Now, for the tricky part: What if you were referring to a group of people that consisted of both females AND males? Well, in Spanish, you would use the word "amigos". It doesn't matter if you were talking about all of the female people in the world because, the moment you add even one male friend to the group, the word changes from "amigas" to "amigos". Interesting, isn't it?

The other word you would need to know in order to say "best friend" is "mejor", which means "best". "Mejor" doesn't end in an "o" or an "a", so we don't need to worry about changing it for specific genders. Therefore, you would say "mejor amiga" to refer to your best female friend and "mejor amigo" to refer to your best male friend.

But what if you had more than one best friend? Well, you would have to make "mejor" plural to indicate that there is more than one friend (and to match the plural form of "friend" (amigas / amigos) that you would then have to use). In Spanish, when a word ends in a consonant (a letter that isn't a vowel; any letter other than a, e, i, o, and u) you have to add an "es" to the end of the word to make it plural. So, you would say "mejores amigas" or "mejores amigos". Again, since "mejor" doesn't end in an "a" or an "o", you wouldn't have to worry about changing it to match gender.

Just as another side note, the opposite of "mejor" (which means "best") is "peor" (which means "worst"). It is used in the same manner. You can say "peor amigo / amiga" or "peores amigos / amigas".

I hope this helps you and gives you a little bit of insight into some aspects of the Spanish language.

¡Buena Suerte! (Good Luck!)