how do you say whats up girl in spanish | SpanishDict Answers

like when you are talking to one of your friends and they are spanish i wanted to kno what is the best way of saying it

• Pleaser remember that correct spelling and capitalization are mandatory on this site, welcome to the forum:) - 00494d19 Apr 8, 2011 flag

Why not go for:

'What a terribly pleasant afternoon don't you think? Awfully clement for the time of year.'

Something a little more sophisticated...

That aside, in Colombia people say:

¿Q'hubo? (from ¿Qué hubo, pronounced CUE-bo) and ¿Qué más? Not sure about the girl bit.

• jejeje, gneial, takes a Brit to talk about the weather!! lol - 00494d19 Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • Jajaja - afowen Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • Jeje... I want to see the Spanish version of that! ;-P - DJ_Huero Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • I'd not even know where to start DJ :-) - afowen Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • I know right... rofl - DJ_Huero Apr 8, 2011 flag

Yes, I would have said, ¿Qué tal,( chica)?

Well, do you prefer your slang the ghetto version ¿Qué es la que hay gata?, proper version ¿Qué tal chica?, or maybe even a friendly insult version ¿Qué onda mensa?

Any of those could work... (in Spanish, its really not common nor necessary to specify girl at the end)

Please don't say, ¿Qué tal, mensa? It means, what's up stupid. ¿Qué onda chica/amiga? is a much nicer way to say what's up. smile

• Is that not specifically Mexican? If's defo specific to certain geographies... - afowen Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • As I said, "Friendly Insult Version"... if you're latino or hang with many, there are soooo many words that most would consider rude/offensive, but with friends it's funny and a joke. =) - DJ_Huero Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • As I've said many a time, in Locomia it's totally normal to call people marica and huebon, all the time... - afowen Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • =) - DJ_Huero Apr 8, 2011 flag
  • @DJ Huero and Afowen, this is a girl we are talking about, girls tend not to be as crude as guys when addressing each other; now, when girls are talking ABOUT guys, thats a different story ;) - AngelinaG Apr 8, 2011 flag

In mexican slang, ¿Qué onda?

• also common among central americans that live here in the US, due to high influence of Mexican dialect - AngelinaG Apr 8, 2011 flag

I think you could also say ¿Qué pasa chica?

How about saying : Qué hay de nuevo What's new

You should check out the flashcards - Greetings.

Loads to pick from there