Does people from Argentina wear somberos?? im talking abot the somberos on this website:

Sombrero samples

• "Do people"... - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • I'm for "im" and about for "abot" ... sorry, second nature :) - cristalino Apr 3, 2011 flag

Yes, every single one of them does. They are all gauchos.

If you don't dress similar to this and dance the tango it's off to jail with you.

• Aw... and I was trying to be good.... :-] - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • Gekko, I think today's Sock-It-To-Them Sunday... let the creative juices flow! :) - cristalino Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • And not just any tango, but the famous Argentinian Tango! - cristalino Apr 4, 2011 flag

Welcome to the Forum Rdreamer.

"Sombrero" just means "hat". As many people wear hats in Argentina as they do in the US, England, or most likely wherever you come from.

Me, I'm very smart, so I wear a special kind, specially when writing at the Forum:

• I never leave the house without my "bowler hat" - ian-hill Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • And your poncho and sandals, I'm sure. - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • Oh, that is so cute! - Leatha Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • Aw, someone got a picture of you on your graduation day Gekko! Que linda! - amykay Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • I know. That's what all the girls say when they see me. What can I say... One tries to stay humble... - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag

The hat you're probable thinking of as a sombrero comes from Mexico.

sombrero Pictures, Images and Photos

• Yes this is the kind of hats im talking about, do people in argetina wear these kinds of hats?? - Rdreamer97 Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • Well, I suppose they do when they go to a Mexican masquerade... - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • @Gekko (not Gekdo!): That or if you come across a Mexican national who has wandered too far south seeking a "silver" fortune! :o) - cristalino Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • Maybe he got lost following his long shadow.... - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag

Whoa ! a hat is one thing a shadow is another. a sombrero is a hat a "sombrero in México can be a large hat that creates a shadow for the wearer. regional!

• It's still a hat, regardless of size and shadow. :-) - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • still a hat! - pacofinkler Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • Paco, that hat provides shade for the wearer and like 3 friends or everyday bystanders! :) - cristalino Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • tHe Mexican desert is a very hot place as you know! needs a big "shadow' - pacofinkler Apr 3, 2011 flag

Now my dear Mother in Law, she wears her lagarti-sombrero, specially when she knows she'll see me.

Must be because she loves me so much!

Just over the border in Chihuahua, I have a "fresa" friend who donned this lovely article recently:

These are some typical Mexican hats, by region.

A sampler of Sombreros Argentinos:

And my Sister in Law's hat colletion:

• She wears traffic cones? - Leatha Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • She does look a bit like a traffic accident, when she wears the orange one, come to think of it.. - Gekkosan Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • "Teese?" Is that your affected Spanish accent, my lizard friend? je je - cristalino Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • I need to leart to refrain from posting late at night. :-p - Gekkosan Apr 4, 2011 flag

Gekko, would these also be what your cuñada drives around town? Now I'm really asking for it!

Don't be silly!

She's a rich and sophisticated lady. She drives one of these:

• ROFL... can you let a guy catch a breath?! Touché... - cristalino Apr 3, 2011 flag

Seriously Rdreamer, it might interest you to know (or you may already know) that "sombrero" has as its root "sombra"... guess that's pretty obvious, but just wanted to make sure for myself!

Shades of RAE

• You cannot sleep under a Nopal sin Sombrero Chris - pacofinkler Apr 3, 2011 flag
  • We're not getting "stereotypical" now are we? jeje ;-) - cristalino Apr 4, 2011 flag