Mexican-Americans vs. Mexicans | SpanishDict Answers

Whether you were born in the US or in mexico, and you migrate to the US the mexican in you dies. Im not saying that your roots automatically change to being something else. For example, if you were born in Mexico and you migrate to El Norte and you go back to your home town, the people wont treat you as if you were paisano. But if you dont migrate to the north and you stay there people will treat you the same, maybe because the culture is still in you, and you dress the same etc. Same goes for a mexican-american because they wont be accepted in the country their parented origiated from, but at the same time they aren't accepted into the american culture because of whatever reason. I have heard all kinds of things. From movies to live discussioms with people, i have heard it all.

Here in the Gringo Zone of Mexico, we have many English-speaking Mexicans who have returned from the US. They get better-paying jobs because they're bi-lingual. But I really don't know how the other Mexicans treat them.

Well how about the opposite. There is no ¨gringo gulch´´ here in Chihuahua I am a gringo married to a mexican woman. México has adopted me.Our middle class circle of friends began with her group, then as I began to move around, my friends were added to the point that when we have a party the house can barely hold us all. The people we have come to know here in México are some of the finest people I have ever met.