" bossy " as in " She is not well liked because she is so bossy. A personal characteristic. I am asking because I heard "mangoneadora" which I did not find in the dictionary.

• I have never heard this term but it conjures up a few colorful possibilities - JulianChivi Mar 26, 2011 flag

"Mangonear" is a colloquial word. It comes from the word "mango" (handle of something). So, "mangoneadora" in this case, is a female that takes people by the handle, trying to impose her will (and many times, manipulating them).

It is used in México.

Ella es muy mandona.

• Jeje sí Julian :-) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • Paco, you could also use "Ella es muy pesada," which covers a multitude of nasty characteristics although this is closer to "She is hard to get along with" - JulianChivi Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • :-)) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • sí cielo, ya veo que me conoces bien, mandona, esa soy yo, jeje - 00494d19 Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • Quizás preciosura, pero mandas con tanta fineza que nadie te podría negar, y menos yo - JulianChivi Mar 26, 2011 flag

If you look up bossy in the dictionary you will find a picture of my wife. Luckily she can't read.

Naw, just kidding. She's a sweetie and has saved my life on more than one occasion.

• I was going to go with ä picture of Heidi", but I like it here too much. - Ron_Austin Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • Odd that - me too! :) - ian-hill Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • Love it Ron , see ya "despues" - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011 flag

How about "Jefacita" ?

If you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find it.

Yeah Paco, I am with Julian on this one, mandona works for me too... if you break the word down, in fact, you will see "man-" (she wants to wear the pants!) and "-doña" (I added the tilde, but you get the picture)... incidentally, the one word that always pops into my head is "exigente" for this type of individual along with "metiche"... doesn't convey the authority of a boss, but the traits of some! ¡Suerte! wink wink

• Si es verdad Chris, its that "other word" thats got my curiosity! - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • I believe you are implying that a man should be the boss. Dangerous ground. - Leatha Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • "should be" - you mean he isn't ? omg. - ian-hill Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • Well, sometimes he "thinks" he is but that only because a women is letting him think that. - Leatha Mar 26, 2011 flag
  • Thinking in english Chris? - pacofinkler Mar 27, 2011 flag