5

" bossy " as in " She is not well liked because she is so bossy. A personal characteristic. I am asking because I heard "mangoneadora" which I did not find in the dictionary.

• I have never heard this term but it conjures up a few colorful possibilities - JulianChivi Mar 26, 2011

2

"Mangonear" is a colloquial word. It comes from the word "mango" (handle of something). So, "mangoneadora" in this case, is a female that takes people by the handle, trying to impose her will (and many times, manipulating them).

It is used in México.

• Mar 26, 2011
  • | Edited by Agora Mar 26, 2011

• Clearly you have it Agora! :-) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
3

Ella es muy mandona.

• Mar 26, 2011
  • Jeje sí Julian :-) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
  • Paco, you could also use "Ella es muy pesada," which covers a multitude of nasty characteristics although this is closer to "She is hard to get along with" - JulianChivi Mar 26, 2011
  • :-)) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
  • sí cielo, ya veo que me conoces bien, mandona, esa soy yo, jeje - 00494d19 Mar 26, 2011
  • Quizás preciosura, pero mandas con tanta fineza que nadie te podría negar, y menos yo - JulianChivi Mar 26, 2011
2

If you look up bossy in the dictionary you will find a picture of my wife. Luckily she can't read.

Naw, just kidding. She's a sweetie and has saved my life on more than one occasion.

• Mar 26, 2011
  • I was going to go with ä picture of Heidi", but I like it here too much. - Ron_Austin Mar 26, 2011
  • Odd that - me too! :) - ian-hill Mar 26, 2011
  • Love it Ron , see ya "despues" - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
2

How about "Jefacita" ?

• Mar 26, 2011
1

If you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find it.

• Mar 26, 2011
  • Yes that one is in there :-) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
  • Smartypants! :-) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
  • Yes, I'm just too smart! ;) - Leatha Mar 26, 2011
  • Jejeje! teasing :-) - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
1

Yeah Paco, I am with Julian on this one, mandona works for me too... if you break the word down, in fact, you will see "man-" (she wants to wear the pants!) and "-doña" (I added the tilde, but you get the picture)... incidentally, the one word that always pops into my head is "exigente" for this type of individual along with "metiche"... doesn't convey the authority of a boss, but the traits of some! ¡Suerte! wink wink

• Mar 26, 2011
  • Si es verdad Chris, its that "other word" thats got my curiosity! - pacofinkler Mar 26, 2011
  • I believe you are implying that a man should be the boss. Dangerous ground. - Leatha Mar 26, 2011
  • "should be" - you mean he isn't ? omg. - ian-hill Mar 26, 2011
  • Well, sometimes he "thinks" he is but that only because a women is letting him think that. - Leatha Mar 26, 2011
  • Thinking in english Chris? - pacofinkler Mar 27, 2011