1

quisiera ver una oracion o varias usando la palabra 'taper'. Gracias

Fausto

• ¿En inglés o español? :) - cristalino Mar 3, 2011

2

The Grateful Dead had a special section for tapers at their concerts.

• Mar 3, 2011
  • Dude! I was going to use the same exact sentence! - KevinB Mar 3, 2011
  • I don't understand the meaning of the word. - Dakie Mar 3, 2011
  • Candela.?, like candles? - Dakie Mar 3, 2011
  • A taper is someone who makes tape recordings of the concerts. - lorenzo9 Mar 3, 2011
  • The word taper also means a type of candle and to become narrower. - lorenzo9 Mar 3, 2011
0

The custom on this site is to write a sentence or two using the word, then others will refine you knowledge. Welcome to the forum!

• Mar 3, 2011
0

Hi Fausto, maybe you misspelled the word "tapar", which among other meanings it means to cover, or to cap a bottle.

An example could be: Cap the bottle to not spill the water. (not sure about the English.)

Welcome to the forum. smile

• Mar 3, 2011
  • Hey Dakie! Your example would be considered an imperative sentence, so perhaps "Cap the bottle so the water does not spill." or "Put the cap on the bottle to keep the water from spilling." are 2 other possibilities. :) - cristalino Mar 3, 2011
  • To put the top on is the general way of saying it. The verb to cap is used in the bottling industry and refers to the process of fitting the tops/caps to the bottles. - afowen Mar 3, 2011
  • Cristos - do you really use the verb 'to cap' for putting the top on a bottle (in the non-industrial sense)? I've never heard it used that way in English. - afowen Mar 3, 2011
  • Thanks, both of you, I didn't know this verb. Actually it seems that he was looking for the English "taper", any way Than you. :) - Dakie Mar 3, 2011
  • @afowen: In the Colonies, it is acceptable, but infrequently used (at least in my area, can't speak for all 50 states)...if you say "cap that bottle" people will understand you and not look at you in puzzlement. - cristalino Mar 3, 2011
0

Seeing how we aren't too sure what Faust's native language is, could this member be asking for an English sentence? As for taper in Spanish, it is not found in the RAE, but Dakie suggested a close Spanish word... here is the definition for "taper" if that's what this member is curious about:

Taper

RAE search

• Mar 3, 2011
0

...or perhaps you are looking for the English word 'taper' meaning to slowly come to a point.

I like the red taper candles.

Hope this helps smile

• Mar 3, 2011