I am curious if the following saying is familiar in other Spanish-speaking countries...or a facsimile? I only thought about it today seeing how we just entered the month of March and the shorter version always comes to mind: Febrero loco y marzo otro poco... the older generations used it a lot but now I find out it comes from a much longer modismo: Enero y febrero esta loco y marzo otro poco, y si abril da una rabiada, ni perro queda en la mojada.

I live in a part of the US where this saying is very appropriate... the climate is great year around with one exception; Lord have mercy on us around the outset of spring! I guess the English similitude might be: April showers bring May flowers... certainly a nicer harbinger than the one I am asking about! Thanks!

Que pretty

Yes, we are still using it, this time of the year is perfect to use it, the weather is so crazy.

• Qué tal, Dakie... puedes comentar en si usan toda la frase o sólo una parte? ;o) - cristalino Mar 2, 2011 flag