Spelling of a Slang Word? | SpanishDict Answers

Spelling of a Slang Word? or it may not be slang..."Jueto" - is the understood definition a light skinned Mexican or a White (looking) Mexican? It is not taken as offensive in most contexts.

I think you misunderstood, "güero" or "güera" is the colloquial word for light skinned or blond people in México.

• Yes, I've never heard "jueto". - Dakie Feb 25, 2011 flag
  • Ever hear of a Mexican with blue eyes being referred to as "güero?" :) Just wondering. - cristalino Feb 25, 2011 flag
  • No Cristalino, Seems one has to be "fair" to to be called "guero" ,Thats what I get called,among other unprintables. - pacofinkler Feb 25, 2011 flag
  • I'm sure all the other "terms of endearment" are expressed with the loftiest of intentions! :) - cristalino Feb 25, 2011 flag
  • Well, it's weird to see a man with blue eyes and brunette skin, anyway maybe that would be acceptable, also, in the marlkets some shopkeepers call "güero" or "güera" to everybody. - Dakie Feb 25, 2011 flag

Possibly "huero" meaning "empty, sterile" but rarely if ever used to describe an individual... I vote for Paco as that is more plausible. wink

Upon further review, I came across "hueco" as well, and interestingly in some parts of México and EE. UU. it carries the meaning of "queer, faggot"... not very pleasant but a possibility? red face

Jueto?

There is a comedy blog on Youtube called Werevertumorro which has a series of skits entitled the "Mex Men." The series is a parody loosely based on "the X-men" but which also spoofs other shows.

One of the characters in the series is fair skinned and not coincidentally, his nickname on the show just happens to be "güero." Here are a few links if you are interested, but I would just warn that the show is a bit racy with plenty of slang and a bit of coarse language interwoven with a somewhat puerile brand of humor. In any case, here are the links:

Mexican Power: Capitulo 3 Specific reference to "güero" occurs around the 1:54 mark

Mexican Power: Capitulo 5 Specific reference to "güero" occurs around the 0:01, 1:39 and 2:50 marks