× THIS POST IS CLOSED.

Context: stash, meaning a stash of money.

Is "el escondrijo" meaning hiding place a translation for the slang - stash?

[Additional commenting is closed on this post]

Alijo o montoncito de dinero escondido.

• montoncito...I love it. :) - Izanoni1 Feb 25, 2011 flag
  • Do "guaca" or "hucha" convey the same idea, or do they not have a stealth factor? - cristalino Feb 25, 2011 flag

Escondrijo and Escondite would be the place where you stash or hide something away.

Alijo would refer to a stash but I have usually seen it used to refer to something that might be considered as contraband such as drugs. I suppose that you might say "atajo del dinero," but again, it would probably bring with it certain connotations.

I think that maybe you could use reserva escondida, but I have to admit that I can't recall having seen this expression used specifically for money. Usually, it is used more along the lines of a "hidden stockpile" or "hidden reserve."

Maybe you could simply use dinero escondido as in encontraron dinero escondido dentro de uno de sus zapatos (they found a stash of money/money stashed inside one of his shoes).

• http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/179751/situations-situaciones-10/oldest Gracias, IIzanoni1 - bandit51jd Feb 25, 2011 flag

Hmmm....I like "guardaditos." Let's wait and see what others have to say.

• Is this a form of "guardador", keeper? Thanks for helping!! - bandit51jd Feb 25, 2011 flag

GUARDADITO = STASH . Ejemplo: Ella tiene su guardadito debajo del colchon. = She has her stash underneath her mattress.

• Hi Ismael. I don't think the OP is looking for answers after 7 years. - Guillermo_O Sep 13, 2017 flag

THIS POST IS CLOSED.
It may not be voted on, answered, or commented on. It may only be edited by moderators.