Hello, I am stuck on this homework assignment. I do not even know if I am doing it correctly. Please help.

Please help me out! I need this. This is worth 40 points. Please and thanks! How do I complete this conversation correctly with the form of ir.

ELENA ¡Hola, Daniel! ¿Qué tal?

DANIEL Muy bien, gracias. ¿Y tú?

ELENA Muy bien. ¿Adónde (1) vas ahora?

DANIEL (2) Voy al cine a ver una película. ¿Quieres (3)__________ ( I think it is IR ) conmigo?

ELENA No, gracias. Tengo mucha prisa ahora. (4) Voy al museo de arte.

DANIEL ¿Y adónde (5) vas hoy por la noche?

ELENA Mi compañera de cuarto y yo (6) vamos a comer en un restaurante italiano. ¿Quieres

(7)__________ ( Vamos? )con nosotras?

DANIEL ¡Sí! ¿Cómo (8) van ustedes al restaurante?

ELENA (9)___________ en autobús. Hay un autobús que (10) vadirectamente al barrio (neighborhood) italiano.

DANIEL ¿A qué hora (11) van ustedes?

ELENA Creo que (12)__________ a llegar al restaurante a las nueve.

DANIEL ¿Desean (13) _________ a bailar luego (afterwards)?

ELENA ¡Sí!

DANIEL (14) voy a invitar a nuestro amigo Pablo también. ¡Nos vemos a las nueve!

ELENA ¡Chau, Daniel!

Please help and thanks!

The greatest amount of points you can bribe someone with is 30 (20 for accepted answer and 10 for voting up once). I personally require a bigger bribe to do homework. Sorry, but no deal.

I will give a little help since the person did make quite a bit of effort and is not asking us to do their homework for them.

1. You are right, it is ir. The inifinitive follows after the conjugated form of querer. So do you see the similarity in #7?

For #9 think of who is doing the action. Your clue is in #8. Who is Daniel asking about in #8? #12 is very similar.

#13 is simiar to 3 & 7, where you have two verbs and the first one is conjugated.

Why don't you try again with these hints and we can see if you got it right.

(I'm sorry I don't know why part of this is large and bolded. I tried to unformat it and couldn't.)

3- You are correct, it is IR. When Querer (To want) is conjugated and is used with another verb directly after it, the verb directly after it is in the infinitive form.

7- This is also IR. Notice the "con" before nosotras. The speak is asking if (you) would like to come with us. The subject is tu, and you can figure that out by looking at the form of "quieres", the verb before it. So, like problem 3, Querer is conjugated and is used with another verb directly after it, so the verb directly after it must be in the infinitive form.

9-Vamos. You know this because the question in the line above was addressed towards 'Ustedes', the third person plural form, which means that the answer must be the first person plural form.

12- Also vamos. ELENA is saying that she belives that they are going to arrive at the reseraunt at nine.

13- IR. Like 3 and 7, a verb is conjugated before an infinitive. This time the verb is Desear (to want/desire), conjugated for Ustedes.

GMonkey, you are easier than I am, lol!

Re-read the responses about having two verbs. Remember "ir" means "to go." Its conjugated forms mean I go, you go, he goes....

So when the sentence says "I want to go," you conjugate the first verb "I want" (quiero) and leave the second one as an infinitive "to go" (ir).

Thanks everyone for helping. But I am still confused. How do I determine to us IR itself, or its forms such as Voy, vamos? Thanks

• Re-read the answers about using the infinitive after a conjugated verb. If the English meaning is "to go" then use the infinitive, If it is I go, he goes, we go, etc. then conjugate it. I want "to go". (use the infinitive) - 0074b507 Feb 11, 2011 flag