¿Qué es el matrimonio? Define marriage;) | SpanishDict Answers

I just got this hilarious e-mail, so I am sharing, if you have a nice caption yourself, or any funny definition or something similar, or how men define marriage, do addwink

My "hubby" Eddy will just love this!!

Please post in English and Spanishwink

El matrimonio es una relación entre dos personas, en la que una siempre tiene razón, y la otra es el marido.

Marriage is a relationiship between two people in which one person is always right, the other one is the husbandraspberry

• post s funny picture with your definition!! - 00494d19 Feb 5, 2011 flag

El matrimonio tiene buenos y malos momentos

Marriage has good times and bad times.

• I sent this to marianne and jenny, ___rolling on the floor:::: - 00494d19 Feb 5, 2011 flag
  • I got a kick out of it! :) - Jason7R Feb 5, 2011 flag
  • ;) - pintor Feb 5, 2011 flag

Siempre que salimos mi mujer y yo, caminamos tomados de la mano...Si la suelto, se pone a comprar...

Whenever I go out with my wife, we hold hands...if I let her go, she will enter a shop !!

raspberry

• lol - 00b6f46c Feb 5, 2011 flag
  • Me gusta, es tan científico. - pesta Feb 5, 2011 flag
  • I think my center for cleaning the toilet is smaller than that. - Leatha Feb 5, 2011 flag

El matrimonio es un tipo de combate donde duermes con la enemiga

Marriage is a type of combat where you sleep with the enemy

• jejeje, genial, welcome to the forum:) - 00494d19 Feb 5, 2011 flag

¡El matrimonio es una cruz!

Marriage is a real burden! alt text

• jejejej, genial, como se nota que es un hombre que lo dice!!! lol - 00494d19 Feb 5, 2011 flag

"And What of Marriage?"

"You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore. You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days. Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God. But let there be spaces in your togetherness, and let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

"Love one another, but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup. Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf. Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each of you be alone, even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

"Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping. For only the hand of life can contain your hearts. And stand together, yet not too near together: for the pillars of the temple stand apart, and the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow." ~~ Kahlil Gibran

To me this means that in a marriage the couple shares almost everything, just as soul mates do, but each remains a separate human....Growing together, but not in each other's shadow.

El matrimonio es una institución, pero ¿quién quiere -- vivir en una institución?

Marriage is an instituion, but who wants to live in an institution?

(Aparentemente yo. Llevo 37 años con mí mejor amiga!)

(Apparently me. I have been married for 37 years to my best friend.)

• Gracias por las correciónes! :) - 0066c384 Feb 9, 2011 flag

MARRIAGE, n. The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress and two slaves, making in all, two.

-- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911
  • wow, jeje, esto lo cree más de uno aún válido, lol - 00494d19 Feb 5, 2011 flag

A marriage is like the sea around the shore--it is up to the two partners whether it is a tropical paradise or deadly tsunami.

El matrimonio es como el mar alrededor de la orilla--la pareja decide si es un paraíso tropical o un tsunami mortal.

Marriage is a contract.

Well... hopefully, more than a contract.

Para mí, un matrimonio no es esto.

To me, this is not a marriage

• jejeje, genial, vaya , esto es super divertido - 00494d19 Feb 5, 2011 flag
  • I can't understand it. :-( A cuál quieres ir que te acerco en un momento? wherever you want to go to where I can get near you in a moment? - webdunce Feb 5, 2011 flag
  • web: she: I want to go to the cinema; He: oh, great, which one do you want to go to? I will take you there ... - 00494d19 Feb 6, 2011 flag

Prometí que te amaría hasta el fin de tiempo, así que ahora estoy rogando porque llegue este fin

I promised that I would love you until the end of time, so now I'm praying for the end of time...

(Sorry, I had to borrow a song lyric... LOL )

Yo me casé con doña “Tengo Razón".. Solo que no sabía que su segundo apellido era"Siempre".

I got married to Mrs "I'm right", I did not know that her second name was " Always" wink

Ya hace 18 meses que no hablo con ella... Es que no me gusta interrumpirla...

II haven't talked to her for 18 months...I don't want to interruptraspberry