I know "a la hora" means on time but that doesn't make sense in the following sentence in my book:

Los sábados que estoy en Madrid me levanto a la hora de todos los días y a veces voy de compras.

Would "a la hora" here mean "at the same time as" everyday?

¡Gracias!

I know "a la hora" means on time but that doesn't make sense in the following sentence in my book

HI Pibo, nice postgrin

A la hora actually does not mean on time, but "at the time..."

So, a la hora en punto: at 1 o'clock sharp

A la hora de ayer: the same time as yesterday

A la hora de todos los días: The same time as usual (like every day)

The satudays when I am in Madrid I wake up on time all te days and at times I go shopping.

Why do feel on time is wrong here?

Thanks, soms. I don't think "on time" is the right term to use in English because there is not a "deadline" to speak of. Unlike being on time for the train or for a meeting, there isn't a particular time to meet in this context. "I wake up on time all the days..." On time for what? It doesn't make sense in English. So, I wanted to find out what concept is being expressed here. Did she mean she woke up at, say 8 o'clock, every Saturday that she was in Madrid? The same time as the other days of the week?

• Thanks for the reply :) - soms Feb 3, 2011 flag

Hi Pibosan,

I would translate it as follows:

The saturdays at which I am in Madrid I get up at the same time as every day and sometimes I go shopping.

"A la hora de todos los días" would literally translate as "on the time of everyday".

Hope this helps!

Saludos, Chica

Thanks, Heidita and Chica. It much clearer for me now. ¡Muchismas gracias!