I am an Asian, and it's really hard to acquire a chance to practice Spanish both speaking and listening skills in my country. I can learn only spanish grammar and vocabulary, but I can't improve my speaking and listening skills.

I need any kind of media stuff, which can help me to improve my listening skills and also I can learn spanish accent, such as kid program, animation, documentaries etc., from youtube or any other websites.

Does any one have recommended websites for me????? grin

Do you have the ability to download Spanish movies from your country? Do you have the ability to listen to internet radio stations in Spanish? Since I don't know exactly where you are, I can't tell you specifically, but the Spanish radio stations should be readily available if you have internet access. Good luck. Listening is the best way to improve your pronounciation and improve your verbal understanding.

• It's rally useful suggestion. I think it's possible. Yo vivo en Tailandia. Gracias senora! ^^ - Darika Feb 1, 2011 flag

If you don't already have Skype I suggest you get it. It is free and it would be an excellent way to practice your Spanish. I have seen at least two posts about meeting on Skype and I imagine there will be many more.

• Gracias!! I'm going to install it. ^^ - Darika Feb 1, 2011 flag

If you can find movies or series, even the Hollywood ones are dubbed in Spanish, which means that they will speak very clear and without noise. They should be easier to understand than the actual natives speaking naturally (and carelessly) when you start.

The best way/ideal way to develop an authentic Spanish accent is to either live in an Hispanic country or receive lessons from a native speaker so you can constantly practice your Spanish pronounciation and apply all your other knowledge of Spanish on a daily basis!.

Apart from that that other ways to develop Spanish listening and speaking skills can include:

1. Listening: Watching Spanish television and films. Some other people here have testified that watching 'telenovas' (the Spanish equivalent of soap operas) have helped them since the speed at which people speak is moderated and therefore a less experienced learner can take in/understand more than they might through regular programmes. Other options include children's television programmes including animations (cartoons) if you can cope with some of their sqeaky voices lol I have watched childrens T.V. in a hotel in Spain and also games shows.

2 Listening: Putting in a search through Google for U-tube videos to watch may help you.

3 Listeneing and Speaking: Joining the regular Skype chats on saturday evenings will probably/almost certainly help you. Various people take it in turns now to host them and people are welcome to join them tongue wink smile grin Heidi and Cogumela are regular participants from Spain and recently we have been joined by Vicente from Chile and Alejandro from Venezuela who are all native speakers! You would be most welcome to join us! You do not have to talk you could listen to begin with but you will be encouraged in a friendly manner to participate smile

I am sure that others here can suggest additional ways to improve your listening and speaking skills.

Like the others said, I highly recommend using: Skype, SpanishDict (tons of information, videos, vocabulary, etc.), LiveMocha (exercises and chats with native speakers), Youtube (watch Spanish Video Blogs 'vlogs'), and find some Spanish television websites like where you can watch TV shows and such.

Also, I recommend that you visit these:

E-spanyol Website - It has tons and tons of resources. For instance, this site: University of Texas - Spanish which has videos with transcripts. I've used this often and it really helps.

I hope this helps smile

• Oh, you can also watch news broadcasts in Spanish on Youtube. - Goldie_Miel Feb 1, 2011 flag
  • It's really good website. I'm sure it will help me a lots. Gracias!! - Darika Feb 1, 2011 flag