when is used "hasta luego" and when "hasta pronto" ? in everyday conversation which is more used ?

Probably about the same as - see you later and see you soon - smile

• I wonder why some people can't see things that are identical in their own language. - lazarus1907 Jan 26, 2011 flag
  • maybe because english is not my own language and prefer to double check - polita08 Jan 26, 2011 flag
  • Good answer polita08. It is important that we be able to ask a question without worrying about being judged. Otherwise this forum does not serve its purpose. - drewrywpg Jan 26, 2011 flag

Hi Polita and welcome to the forum,

I think they are interchangeable smile.

Saludos, Chica

thank you, that was and what i thought but wanted to be sure .

Still new at spanish grin

There can be a slight difference of nuance, at least in Mexico. If you have a definite plan to meet someone, you can use either phrase. If you have no idea if or when you might see someone again, you would use only Hasta luego.

• Thats my understanding as well... - kerflop Jan 26, 2011 flag

I think either is OK, but if you've really had enough of them and don't wish to see them again use

hasta la vista, baby

.