What is the meaning of empachada ?- stomach problems | SpanishDict Answers

I have been bothered with stomach problems, diahrea and throwing up for the past 3 weeks, someone told me that I might be empachada and that there is a mexican cure for it, I have gone to the doctors office twice within the last 3 weeks and have been given antibiotic and anti diahrea medication and it has not worked. can you let me know if there is a remedy or what the heck is empachada.

El Empacho is a mild sickness . You´ve been in danger for weeks.

You are seriously intoxicated. Go to a different doctor or you will die from dehydration.

Dehydration means your body does not have as much water and fluids as it should. Dehydration can be caused by losing too much fluid, not drinking enough water or fluids, or both. Vomiting and diarrhea are common causes.

Infants and children are more susceptible to dehydration than adults because of their smaller body weights and higher turnover of water and electrolytes. The elderly and those with illnesses are also at higher risk.

Dehydration is classified as mild, moderate, or severe based on how much of the body's fluid is lost or not replenished. When severe, dehydration is a life-threatening emergency. Causes

Your body may lose too much fluids from:

* Vomiting or diarrhea
* Excessive urine output, such as with uncontrolled diabetes or diuretic use
* Excessive sweating (for example, from exercise)
* Fever

You might not drink enough fluids because of:

* Nausea
* Loss of appetite due to illness
* Sore throat or mouth sores

Dehydration in sick children is often a combination of both -- refusing to eat or drink anything while also losing fluid from vomiting, diarrhea, or fever. Symptoms

* Dry or sticky mouth
* Low or no urine output; concentrated urine appears dark yellow
* Not producing tears
* Sunken eyes
* Markedly sunken fontanelles (the soft spot on the top of the head) in an infant
* Lethargic or comatose (with severe dehydration)

In addition to the symptoms of actual dehydration, you may also have vomiting, diarrhea, or the feeling that you "can't keep anything down," all of which could be causing the dehydration.

Hola:

It means that you have indigestion. I doubt it though because indigestion doesn't cause all your symptoms.

I hope that you get well soon.

Wikipedia has some interesting facts about Montezuma's revenge...

There are a number of colloquialisms for travelers' diarrhea contracted in various localities, such as "Montezuma's revenge", "turistas", or "Aztec two step" for travelers' diarrhea contracted in Mexico, "Pharaoh's Revenge," "mummy's tummy," or "Cairo two-step" in Egypt, "Kurtz Hurtz" in Uzbekistan, "Bombay belly" or "Delhi belly" in India, "kabulitis" in Afghanistan, "holiday tummy" in United Kingdom, although this is not directed at tourists in the UK but at British tourists abroad, "Bali belly" in Bali, or "Taghazout Tummy" in Taghazout or "Katmandu quickstep" in Nepal. In Canada it is termed "beaver fever". In China it is referred to as 拉肚子, which literally translates as "pulled stomach." A recent local term in Pattaya, Thailand, is "Thai-dal wave".[citation needed] Peacekeepers to Arabic-speaking countries have called it "yalla yalla" (Arabic for "fast, fast") referring to the extreme urgency it causes. This one is similar to "corre corre" meaning "run run" used in some regions of Colombia.

Montezuma's revenge (var. Moctezuma's revenge) is the colloquial term for any cases of traveler's diarrhea contracted by tourists visiting Mexico. The name refers to Moctezuma II (1466-1520), the Tlatoani (ruler) of the Aztec civilization who was defeated by Hernán Cortés, the Spanish conquistador. It is estimated that 40% of foreign traveler vacations in Mexico are disrupted by infection. Most cases are mild and resolve in a few days with no treatment. Severe or extended cases, however, may result in extensive fluid loss and/or dangerous electrolytic imbalance which pose a severe medical risk.

I once learned the hard way that until your digestive system stabilizes, don't consume any dairy products. I once added two weeks of symptoms onto a case of stomach flu (or maybe it was food poisoning) because all I felt like eating was yogurt. Bad idea. Stay hydrated drinking bottled or boiled water.

Mediterrunio is correct. See another doctor immediately. Mexican doctors rarely diddle around with the symptoms you are describing. There are several excellent antibiotics that Mexican doctors regularly prescribe that should do wonders for you. After three weeks of this, you have a right to insist on an antibiotic. Since you obviously have access to the internet, do a search on "ecoli"; that is the most common sort of "Montezuma's Revenge"; there are several broad-spectrum antibiotics that are 100% effective.

Keep drinking the purified water in tremendous quantities.