5

How do I say I am looking forward to going or I am looking forward to meeting you?

• Don't put quotes in 1st line of description. It prevents link from working properly. - 0074b507 Jan 9, 2011

3

One way, and the way I would suggest, is "tengo ganas de ir" or "tengo ganas de irme" (I'm looking forward to going away).

You could say "tengo muchas ganas de conocerle/te" for "I am looking forward to meeting you"

3

Tengo muchas ganas de conocerte. = I am looking forward to meeting you.

Tendré [mucho] gusto en conocerte. = I will take [much] pleasure in getting to know you.

¡Cuántas ganas tengo de verte [otra vez]! = How much I want to see you [again]!

Whenever you're ready, or when you think you should, you can add this.

Estoy con el alma en vilo. = I'm in suspense.

I hope this helps smile

3

I like "tener ganas de.." too, but I'd like to offer another suggestion that I think might work: "No veo la hora/el momento de conocerte."

• Jul 5, 2011
  • Another way to say it... thank you! :) - GuitarWarrio Jul 5, 2011
3

Haha, so I asked one of my co-workers this earlier today before seeing this... exact same question (she's a native Spanish speaker who is fluent in English too)... and she told me that, at least in this country, the idea isn't really used in Spanish... i.e. you simply wouldn't say it. I mean you can find sentences that would approximate the idea, but you wouldn't hear a native speaker say them.

2

There doesn't seem to be a suitable translation for this. It seems to depend very much on context and culture. Depending on how and where it is said you could be expressing sexual innuendo or over eagerness.

This matter is covered in great detail by knowledgeable posters on this thread.

• Jan 9, 2011
2

To look forward to

Esperar con ansia

Esperar con impaciencia

• Jul 5, 2011
2

This is a tricky one.

The best translation I've seen is:

No veo la hora de...

Tener ganas is more like "I really want to", not "I'm looking forward to", although I suppose you could say there isn't that much of a difference.

• Feb 27, 2013
2

Also you can translate like

Estar deseando + verb infinitive

Estoy deseando conocerte. I'm looking forward to meeting you

• Mar 4, 2014
1

Estoy ansioso por

eg. Estoy ansioso por conocerte = I am eager to meet you (literal) or I am looking forward to meeting you.

eg. Estoy ansioso por verte otra vez = I am eager to see you again (literal) or I am looking forward to seeing you again.

1

Hmmmmm.... How about? Lo estoy buscando con ganas.

• Feb 27, 2013
1

How about "Anticipamos verlo" as in "we anticipate seeing you"

• Nov 20, 2013
1

To say "I´m looking forward to ...." with the correct feeling of joy that this implies in English, we say it completely differently, ie: Estoy ilusionado (hacer lo que viene) / Estoy emocionado (hacer lo que viene).

"Anticipar" is closer to "expect" and "tener ganas" is too strong of a feeling for this expression.

• Nov 20, 2013
1

I use "Espero con anticipación." to mean "I look forward to"

• Mar 3, 2014
0

Espero conocerte pronto. (I look forward to meeting you soon)

Espero escuchar de ti. (I look forward to hearing from you) Or Espero con ancias conocerte.

• Aug 30, 2014
0

There is no, one (singular) right way to say this: I'm looking forward to etc...it all depends on the context: what you are trying to say!

The Oxford Spanish dictionary includes: I'm looking forward to meeting him/you (polite form) = Tengo ganas de conocerlo

I think Heidita, a native teacher, taught me this next one:

I am looking forward to ...(for example) going on holiday = Estoy impaciente por ....ir de vacaciones

I am looking forward to tomorrow/ my birthday.= Estoy deseando que llegue mañana./mi cumpleaños. (Oxford Spanish Dictionary )

I hope ths helps smile