0

"I want you" literally comes out to "te quiero" which is "I love you" so how would you say simply, "I want you"?

• | Edited by Seb79 Dec 22, 2010
  • | history
  • Which - Eddy Dec 22, 2010

0

question As a complete expression: "I want you" = "Te deseo"

• 'Deseo' refers to 'I wish'. - Seb79 Dec 22, 2010
  • However, if I want to say 'I want you to have a good holiday', I could use 'te deseo'....... - Seb79 Dec 22, 2010
  • "Te deseo" as a complete expression is only "a ti". - MarissaPR Dec 22, 2010
1

There are other "I want you's".

I want you to know

I want you to do it

etc.

• Dec 22, 2010
  • Although Eddy is right...it depends on the context. - Seb79 Dec 22, 2010
  • And the context is lacking, thus one can only guess at the intended meaning (or refrain from answering). - samdie Dec 22, 2010
1

Maybe there should be an automatic thing that refers these questions to a list of phrases of love/passion. It seems like they make up half the questions.

• Dec 22, 2010
  • Yes...I agree - Seb79 Dec 22, 2010
1

"I want you"

Impossible to answer fully without further context. The sentence, as it stands, means the same thing in English as "I desire you." (or "I lust after you" for soap opera addicts). However, if that is the beginning of a sentence (as opposed to the entire sentence), then there are many other possibilities.

If you want a clear answer you need to ask a clear question.

• Dec 22, 2010
  • Yes exactly, you have to include what you want him/her for other wise it just looks like you are saying that you love them which in some cases could be embarrasing. - kenwilliams Dec 23, 2010
0

No it isn't. Te amo means I love you, and te quiero means I want you.

• Dec 22, 2010
  • Te quiero is often used to convey the same meaning as Te amo. - kenwilliams Dec 22, 2010
0

Cómo te quiero! = "How I love you" and / or "How I want you" - here in Bolivia at least.

• Dec 22, 2010
0

In Spain, te quiero means I love you as te amo is generally seen as kind of too much.

• Dec 22, 2010
0

Te busco might work as the verb buscar is often used in this sense: Se buscan dependientes = Shop assistants wanted.

• Dec 22, 2010