spanish translation for God's Love | SpanishDict Answers

I was told recently that in spanish there is a difference in the word of love for God's love or for our love one for another. Does anyone know what the spanish word(s) is for God's love. Thanks you.

I don't think that there is a special word in Spanish for God's love. I think that someone may have been referring to how the word for God's love in English scripture could be translated by other Spanish words like (misericordía (mercy/loving-kindness), gracia (grace), perdonar (to forgive), et. al.

Por ejemplo:

Psalm 136:2 (New International Version, ©2010)

2 Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.

Salmos 136:2 (Reina-Valera 1995)

2 Alabad al Dios de los dioses, porque para siempre es su misericordia.

amar with humans

Levítico 19:18

»No seas vengativo con tu prójimo, ni le guardes rencor. Ama a tu prójimo como a ti mismo. Yo soy el Señor.

amar with God

Mateo 3:17 (Nueva Versión Internacional)

17 Y una voz del cielo decía: «Éste es mi Hijo amado; estoy muy complacido con él.

¡Bienvenida al foro!

Welcome to the forum!

question We can find 2 differences, one is in the written word ("Amor" and "amor") and the other one is refered to the content of the word ("Love" and "Mercy"). The use of any of them are not related to grammatical rules. In these particular cases the capital letter relates to the absolute content of the concept or includes certain respect to God.

• We can write: "Dios es Amor" and "Dios es amor". Both are correct. With the first one we want to show certain respect to Him. When we speak, of course, we just say "amor".

• "Love" ("Amor") and "Mercy" ("Misericordia") denote descriptions of who He is for us.

• Certainly, we would hardly write "El Amor entre tu esposo y tú" ("The Love between your husband and you") unless we want to make an emphasis.

I was aware that in Greek there are 4 different words for Love and Gods Love is called ágape amongst Christians( the others are Phileo, Eros and Storge) but I wasn't aware that a special word is used for God's love in Spanish

it is just:

el
de Dios

You must do some work and find out the word for love of if you already lknow it you can put/insert it in the blank

I hope this helps grin

As far as I know, there's only one sort of love...

• Well, so much for several centuries of debates about the kinds of love! - samdie Dec 17, 2010 flag