My book say that these are the verbs and their irregular Ud. and Uds command forms

Dar dé/den

estar esté/esté

ir vaya/vayan

saber sepa/sepan

ser sea/sean

On the conjugemos site irse is given as

positive: vete negative: no te vayas...

Does this make sense?

• I think I figured it out..for irse.. Vete is a tú command, It gives the nosotros command as Positive: vámonos, Negative no nos vayamos. - sanlee Nov 28, 2010 flag
  • yeah, it's a bit complicated, but course books gradually present imperative, then (so confusing) subjunctive on which is based negative imperative and usted commands (and all becomes clear :)so i'd recommend you to focus on positive imperative for now :) - fugitivus Nov 29, 2010 flag
  • Thanks, Fugitivus...I hope it becomes clear soon... - sanlee Nov 29, 2010 flag

Hi, Sandy.

There is a chart, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, of irregular command forms.

• Thanks, Marianne. This is a big help. Fantastic chart. Muchas gracias! - sanlee Nov 29, 2010 flag

Those forms in your book with the irregular Ud. and Uds command forms are only polite forms.

The formal imperative of dar is regular, but "dé" is written with an accent to differentiate it from the preposition "de".

With "estar" the irregularity is the change in the position of the stress only.

"ir" and "saber" are rather irregular.

The regular imperative of "ser" would have been "sa" and "san", so that is also an irregularity.

The forms "vete" and "no te vayas" are informal, unlike all the previous examples.