Could you please tell me?

• Welcome to the forum, Larry :) Could not chould Please use correct spelling, grammer and punctuation as this is a teaching and learning site and people are learning from your example. Thank you :) - FELIZ77 Nov 25, 2010 flag
  • ...grammar... if you are going to correct another user, please ensure that your correction is correct :) - thadoctorizn Nov 22, 2012 flag

We say Feliz dia de Accion de gracia!

Larry I think it is likely to be

Feliz día de Acción de gracias

Thanksgiving (Day) in U.S. = el día de acción de gracias

I do not live in the USA so you may wish to wait for confirmation from someone who does like Marianne, Mountaingirl or one of the others

I hope this helps grin

• This is the way it's translated in Mexico (Although we don't celebrate it) ... so I guess you're right - Tonyriva Nov 25, 2010 flag

Feliz dia de gracias! Aprovecho el espacio para desearles lo mejor, a todo el foro en este dia tan especial.

That is correct.... "Feliz día de Acción de Gracias" which literally translates to "Happy day of action of giving thanks." or "Thanksgiving"

May we have that attitude in our minds/thoughts each and every day of the year and remember, only the United States, Canada and the Phillipine Islands have a day each year where thanks is given to the creator of the universe.

only the United States, Canada and the Phillipine Islands have a day each year where thanks is (sic) given to the creator of the universe.

Certainly not true in the U.S. and (depending on your translation) not true in Japan). When I was a child in a boarding school, we said "grace" before each and every meal on each and every day of the year (minus vacations, of course). The vast majority of Japanese say "itadakimasu" at the beginning of a meal (and this is usually interpreted to mean an expression of thanks).

Harvest festivals (such as Thanksgiving) have been around since long before Christianity or the Old Testament. The specifics may differ but the general idea of offering thanks for a bountiful harvest predates any recorded religious practices.